Help me decide!

jventu

:
CX-5
I recently purchased a 2017 CX-5 GT Deep Crystal Blue. I am in the process of buying new wheels to replace the stock and I am leaning for the TSW Bathurst 19x8 http://www.tsw.com/alloy_wheels_bathurst.php It comes in two colors I originally wanted the silver but the gunmetal has been growing on me. What do folks here think?

Nice.
Personally I don't care for dark wheels - too many bmw, MB, and porsche wheels covered with brakedust in my past. But so many seem to think they're all the rage. Everybody thinks they got some kinda race car. LOL

The stock GT wheels we got are fine, at least there is some machined brightness to them, and the wife likes them, so...
I will say the Toyo's that came with them ride really nice and are quiet. Treadwear rating is 300 though, so I suspect they'll not even make it the end of the lease. (rolleyes)

For the blue it would look nice I think. I would probably go down to an 18" personally but that's just me.

Nice.
Personally I don't care for dark wheels - too many bmw, MB, and porsche wheels covered with brakedust in my past. But so many seem to think they're all the rage. Everybody thinks they got some kinda race car. LOL

The stock GT wheels we got are fine, at least there is some machined brightness to them, and the wife likes them, so...
I will say the Toyo's that came with them ride really nice and are quiet. Treadwear rating is 300 though, so I suspect they'll not even make it the end of the lease. (rolleyes)
30k miles is typical for the OE Toyos.

I went with cheap and unique wheels. 20" XXR wheels, picked them up locally. They are the chromium.
attachment.php

20151105_082531.jpg

Last edited:
Definitely gun-metal. I am not a fan of the style, but looks are personal and aren't up for debate, kinda the same as color, really...

gun metal as first choice and the silver 2nd...however, neither wheel color looks bad.

with the blue, did you consider a gold or bronze wheel? Not necessarily from TSW, but something similar to the one you linked? Just curious. Gold goes well with Blue. ;)

Back