Paint is easily chipped?

:
Honda Prelude 2001
I have ready notice chips to the door edge already and I have baby it everytime when I open the door.

I post some pictures shortly but anyone else having this problem? I expected more on this premium paint of machine grey :(

I had ppf out on the front. Door edges, door cups, sills, mirrors , boot ledge and dog legs also for this reason

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Yep. I already have a chip on the door edge like that and a bunch on the hood too. Definitely seems like pretty thin/brittle paint. At least it looks good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah the white primer shows through with anything. Ah well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Put some touch up paint on the chips. Let it dry completely. Install the thin clear plastic door edge guard material. Maybe put the door handle pocket guard material in there as well to guard against fingernail scratches.

I had ppf out on the front. Door edges, door cups, sills, mirrors , boot ledge and dog legs also for this reason

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I wanted to do Door edges, but the shop says the ppf kit doesn't make them and it wouldn't stick well :(..

XPel may not make a kit, but my shop was able to include the door edges without issue.

Back