Is Photobucket charging you for "third party hosting " ???

pcb

The Diagram Dude
:
2002 MP5
After more than five years with Photobucket, they now want $60 to use their services...

Has anyone else encountered this ???

What are my options ?? other than no photos or diagrams...

I use Flickr. Free account and 1TB of storage. Not sure if they have some type of fee for "third party hosting"

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

**** 'em, they can suck me. So many build threads destroyed because of it.

I can't imagine how they see suddenly charging 399 dollars a year for a previously free service as even remotely reasonable. It's almost like they wanted to put an end to their hosting service.

I like Imgur, but those images won't embed on some forums.

I went on Photobucket yesterday to post some more pics in my for sale thread, holy pop ups Batman. Went to Flickr.

Photobucket is crap. Was my go to about 2 years ago, but last several times I've gotten on I've had all kinds of issues. Pages won't load, pictures missing, flash ads on every square inch of the page, epic slow server response, and on and on. Just switched to ImgBB, still getting used to it but it seems to work just fine for now.

Use Google Photos

https://photos.google.com/

Unlimited if you upload as "High Quality"

"Unlimited free storage.
Photos are compressed to save space. If a photo is larger than 16MP, it will be resized to 16MP.
You can print good quality 16MP photos in sizes up to 24 inches x 16 inches.
Videos higher than 1080p will be resized to high-definition 1080p. A video with 1080p or less will look close to the original."

https://support.google.com/photos/answer/6220791?hl=en

Use Google Photos

OK,... I'm trying Google Photos...

url]

I was hoping to see the picture,... Not just the link...

Last edited:
Does this window popup when you hit the share button?

Oh, are you trying to do this on your phone?
9f52c7b41c8c42f23b19934ebdd1436b.jpg

It doesn't come up on phones lol. Only computers. You would have to download the photo to your phone and then upload it through Tapatalk or whatever forum app you use

I've tried Flickr, Imgur, Google Cloud...
I can't find any BBcode or embed options.

I'm using Google Chrome on my phone..
Would Tapatalk allow me to post a picture ??

Back