2015 CX-9 Trailer Hitch Wiring

stern52

:
2015 CX-9 GT
I purchased my 3rd CX-9 this week. The newest being a 2015 GT with only 10,000 miles on it. I have added trailer hitch's to the previous ones a 2008 and a 2014. I used after market wiring harness's with no problem for the previous 2. Since this one is a GT model I understand their is a plug hidden under the storage area and you can connect a Mazda wiring harness 00008EN 13B directly to it. I have also heard you need to add a fuse somewhere near the glove box? Can anyone enlighten me on where the fuse is and what amperage it should be.
Thanks
BT

The fuse should come with the wiring kit as I recall. It's an in-line fuse that is spliced into the 'feed' wire that you connect up by the battery. The fuse is inside a fuse holder and it also has a little cover that protects the fuse from the elements as it will be semi-exposed when connected.

I believe you are thinking of the after market wiring kit which I have done twice and you are correct the fuse comes with it and you splice it in on the power line by the battery. What I am looking for is the fuse location number in the glove box panel, They do not designate a fuse for the trailer plug which I found under the storage compartment. There are 3 empty spots but not sure if it is one of them.
Any info would help

Back