Seeking help

CrazyDannyPRD

:
Protege5
Just started this build on a 2002 automatic Mazda protege5 and I need any information on how I can find a 03.5 Mazda front bumper/lip. Honestly new at this so I need any knowledge that comes with this! Pls help

Just started this build on a 2002 automatic Mazda protege5 and I need any information on how I can find a 03.5 Mazda front bumper/lip. Honestly new at this so I need any knowledge that comes with this! Pls help
Automatic, [emoji25]

Sent from my LGMS550 using Tapatalk

Probably will be hard to come by. There weren't a lot of the cars made and they never really attracted much aftermarket attention either.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

The front bumper is the same on the P5 and the Mazdaspeeds (I'm assuming you want the Mazdaspeed front lip since you specified 03.5). The only thing you need is to find someone selling a lip, which mounts over the front bumper. Then get the smaller fogs or the fog deletes for the lip (good luck).

Classifieds here is probably the only way you will find a lip.

Probably will be hard to come by. There weren't a lot of the cars made and they never really attracted much aftermarket attention either.

Yeah that's what i figured, but like protege5smoke said the hard part might just be finding someone to sell the lip to me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah that's what i figured, but like protege5smoke said the hard part might just be finding someone to sell the lip to me

Yes you need to be Johnny on the spot when someone posts they are parting out there 03.5 speed. The lips are usually the first things people ask for.

The front bumper is the same on the P5 and the Mazdaspeeds (I'm assuming you want the Mazdaspeed front lip since you specified 03.5). The only thing you need is to find someone selling a lip, which mounts over the front bumper. Then get the smaller fogs or the fog deletes for the lip (good luck).

Thanks again man you're a big help, do you have any information on anyone that is selling a lip?

Yes you need to be Johnny on the spot when someone posts they are parting out there 03.5 speed. The lips are usually the first things people ask for.

So basically just be on the lookout. For sure thanks again man!

I know lol, I'm currently using my protege for a daily and I fell in love with it so im going to make it look nice with appearance mods

Yeah, protgs grow on you. What you just said is how I started as well. Best of luck on the lip, maybe try a wanted to buy thread in the market place.

Sent from my LG-K210 using Tapatalk

Home depot lip bro. Look it up

Sent from my LGMS550 using Tapatalk

Search "Mazda speed" www.iaai.com its an auction network. The condition photos are usually fairly good. Found a few msp's in current runs for minimum bid ( 100$ ). Depending where you are, you might find one near you. But you might notice lips are gone off most of them ( front end collisions) .

For us Canadians I recommend impact.ca

Search "Mazda speed" www.iaai.com its an auction network. The condition photos are usually fairly good. Found a few msp's in current runs for minimum bid ( 100$ ). Depending where you are, you might find one near you. But you might notice lips are gone off most of them ( front end collisions) .

For us Canadians I recommend impact.ca

you're a great help man thanks again, I'll look around for it

you're a great help man thanks again, I'll look around for it

Lol you flatter me, I am just figuring it out as I go too. Have a stroll through the build threads, inspirational. Have fun motoring.

Thanks again man you're a big help, do you have any information on anyone that is selling a lip?

All I can say is to keep up with the marketplace section on the forum, a lip pops up for sale every once in a while. I don't know anyone currently selling one, but I know forum member Jperera is a vendor here and breaks down a lot of cars so he may be able to find one for you. He's also on FB, JP Parts International. I have to give him credit, I bought a ton of parts from him and his service is top of the line.

Danny, good luck with your build and all the best - keep the momentum up.

Eventually you will find all the bits and pieces needed although it requires time and dedication - which you have.

Thanks man! Means a lot cause you have the right idea! [emoji1362]

All I can say is to keep up with the marketplace section on the forum, a lip pops up for sale every once in a while. I don't know anyone currently selling one, but I know forum member Jperera is a vendor here and breaks down a lot of cars so he may be able to find one for you. He's also on FB, JP Parts International. I have to give him credit, I bought a ton of parts from him and his service is top of the line.

Big help man, Ima take your advice and see if everyone you quoted can give me a hand, thanks again!!

Hate those fog lights huh?

Ray Crowe is the go-to guy for hard to find OEM RX-7 parts. He may be able to find you that lip. Ray is the parts manager at a Mazda dealer on the east coast (Malloy Mazda) and specializes in FD3S stuff, which, like MSP parts are made of Unobtainium. I've never hit him up for anything other than Rotary stuff, but maybeeeeee

....send him an email and see if he can help. (drinks)

Crowe.Ray@aol.com

Back