2017 Accessories- Mud guards and trunk guard install today

That does look odd. Looking back at the before pics it looks a little off as well. I'll have to inspect closer next time I go to my car.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Hmm... looking at my photo I linked to earlier, seems the flap sort of misaligns the trimming that is already there. Hmmm (uhm)

That does look odd. Looking back at the before pics it looks a little off as well. I'll have to inspect closer next time I go to my car.

My guess its an optical illusion with the angle of the photo on how the trim is cut to allow the door to swing open.

My guess its an optical illusion with the angle of the photo on how the trim is cut to allow the door to swing open.
That's right. Checked it out and it was fine.

Where can we buy this mudguards for the CX-5 2017. I called my dealership and they said it is not available yet.

Where can we buy this mudguards for the CX-5 2017. I called my dealership and they said it is not available yet.

Have you tried sourcing it from another dealership and either installing them yourself or getting your current dealer to do it (scratch)

That's odd.
I bought the same style mudflaps from a dealer in Orlando two weeks ago for my M6.
It was an in stock item.

Have you tried sourcing it from another dealership and either installing them yourself or getting your current dealer to do it (scratch)

That's odd.
I bought the same style mudflaps from a dealer in Orlando two weeks ago for my M6.
It was an in stock item.

Your dealership parts department is clueless.

They are readily available and easily installed.

I've had them on my '17 CX-5 since late August.

We had the mud-flaps fitted to the CX-5 at the dealers before collection last month too. I think they make the black plastic lower section look a bit more finished - a little like a bodykit. They are not that large but guess every little helps. I bought the bumper step from them and fitted that myself.
We went for the carpet boot mat (with the fold out bumper protector - but doubt that bit willl ever get used). The carpet version also looks good and is a great fit.

Do you find the mud guards make much of a difference? I'm getting a lot of road spray on my black CX-5, and it's getting a bit annoying trying to keep it looking clean. The mud guards look so small, I'm curious as to how much deflection/protection they actually offer. Would be nice to hear from someone who's had experience with them both off and on.

Coming from last nights snow event I can't see any difference if I had a mud guards on my CX-5. I don't see any splatter on the cars paint either from the front or from the rear. Everything is splattered on the lower black trim both on the front and the rear.

Think mud guards are more useful for rain puddle splashes etc rather than snow

Thanks, I ordered this one https://www.ebay.ca/itm/For-2017-20...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649
The holes look right, but the screws come with it, I can't figure out how to use them, not sure if any one has a clear instruction for 17 cx 5

Don't know about the eBay product, but the OEM Mazda mud guards come with instructions and installation hardware. At least they did for the ones I bought for my 6.
There were no holes to drill either. They are already there.
I can't see that there's much difference between the CX-5 and the 6 mud guards. They look the same in pics.

Back