I owned a silver P5 which was sold in 2013, now I just bought a black P5. :)

:
Black Protege5
Guys, so I am back to this forum. I bought a Silver Protege5 in 2002, owned it till 2013, in which I sold it. Today I just bought a black P5.
I am so exited to start working on the Protege5 again. Before I sold my Silver Protege5 I had worked on its timing belt, struts, brakes, rotors, calipers, radiator and alternator. I even put an AutoPage twoway-paging remote starter for winter convenience. I put a switch on the DRL module and modded the sunroof for one-switch press open and I switch close features. Looking forward to working on my black Protege5. :)

Last edited:
I sadly did not know about the sunroofs before I bought mine so I don't get that luxury :(

Nice to see you around!

I think some people would prefer calling it skyroof to make it applicable for day and night time. Sunroof is only for daytime and moonroof is only for night time.
Anyway, Protege5 is fun to drive and fun to fix when it is malfunctioned, thus I bought it again, this time I bought it for $1000 only. When I bought the Silver Protege 5 new in 2002, I paid about $26,000 with payment and interest.

Been driving 2013 Hyundai Tucson for a while now, and doing the maintenance and service of it too.
Anyway, I will be posting questions when I have them about my black P5 problems/issues.

Last edited:
Welcome back I also bought one new and now got number 2 on the cheap

I think some people would prefer calling it skyroof to make it applicable for day and night time. Sunroof is only for daytime and moonroof is only for night time.

Sunroof = Made of metal
Moonroof = Made of glass.

Welcome to the club and congrats on the P5. I bought a silver one in 2001 too, and kept it until 2012. I ended up buying an MSP as a daily but I kinda wish I would have found another clean P5. The turbocharger and the power are nice, but the dependability of the Protege5 was definitely better.

Welcome back. I bought a P5 in 2002 too and... well, I still have it. Not a very interesting story now that I think about it.

When I read that you'd had one for so long and basically turned around and bought another, I immediately thought "He must be in Canada."

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Same story here, had a red P5 purchased new in October 2001 and just bought a laser blue 03 a couple weeks ago.

...When I read that you'd had one for so long and basically turned around and bought another, I immediately thought "He must be in Canada."
Really we Canadians are known for this? I am only on my 3rd ( well first again.. but have 3 ). eh.

But welcome back to the fold ![emoji4]

Sent from my LG-K210 using Tapatalk

I've had an 83' GLC, and an 85' 626....

I now own a '02 P5.,,.
I love rust !!!

Are you from the salty part of Canada ??

Whoa, that's personal question isn't it? Lol. Honestly we are all salty as we salt our roads in the winter to melt the ice.

I get what you mean PCB, dealing with the rust feels good, its like a good dental cleaning. Just feels good.

I was being sarcastic... I hate rust.. I've lost ALL of my cars to rust... (gas lines, brake lines, gas tanks, connectors, wires... Etc.. etc... etc...

I was in Sault Ste. Marie Ont. and they don't use salt...

It's too cold for salt...

The roads were hard packed with snow but had pretty good grip...

If you're from the GTA and they spray salt everywhere then get your car under coated before it dissolves away.

If you can find yourself a Krown under coating place that would be Great...

Otherwise, just do your car a favour (and yourself) and put it out of an expensive misery.

Do some donuts first.. Then kill it...

Lol yeah been there, I have one planted in my field in hopes that one day it will Flower into a new mx5. Rust super sucks. Floods extra super suck. I started rust repairs the other day ( roof and driver post ). I need to man up and weld in the rear arches before its to late.

Here in Calgary they are using a prune juice derivitive. Just makes it sticky *shudders* thank God it's nice out now.
db3ec24065d1ca8ba0ce6baee045e642.jpg

Here in Calgary they are using a prune juice derivitive. Just makes it sticky *shudders* thank God it's nice out now...

They are using beet juice here.... Same idea.. Sugar beets are a big deal here where I come from...

...Today I just bought a black P5.
I am so exited to start working on the Protege5 again. :)

K .. So Me And Some other guy completely high-jacked your thread... Sorry...

But I really hope you didn't buy a rust turd...

Rust REALLY sucks...

Uhm yeah. Sorry for the thread Jack.

*I will now atone*

Rust converter is a must, as is kopperkote ( yeah I hate the way they spell it too.. ). Good luck with the un-rust-en-ing. May you oxidize slowly.

Last edited:
From the way you write your postings, you look like a MORON, so obviously you are MORON enough not to have rust-proofed your Protege5 from the day one you acquired the vehicle.

From the way you write your postings, you look like a MORON, so obviously you are MORON enough not to have rust-proofed your Protege5 from the day one you acquired the vehicle.

K .. So Me And Some other guy completely high-jacked your thread... Sorry...

But I really hope you didn't buy a rust turd...

Rust REALLY sucks...

That goes with you too. It is "Kopr-Kote" and not "kopperkote". So, I can see the reason as to why you and PCB hijacked my posting. Because you and PCB are illiterate morons.

Uhm yeah. Sorry for the thread Jack.

*I will now atone*

Rust converter is a must, as is kopperkote ( yeah I hate the way they spell it too.. ). Good luck with the un-rust-en-ing. May you oxidize slowly.

I got my car rust proofed at Krown the very day I bought it in March 2009 and have had it sprayed every year since then.

I have sprayed it myself as well with Rust Cure from TSC and coated it with a tar/grease mixture I created.

All I'm saying, me being a moron or not, is stay on top of rust prevention.
These car will run forever with proper maintenance but rust will take them well before they die.

I won't be posting any more diagrams or pictures because photo bucket now wants $60 from me... Not gonna happen.

Last edited:
(jacked)

I won't be posting any more diagrams or pictures because photo bucket now wants $60 from me... Not gonna happen.

PCB, try www.postimage.io. Free hosting with no sign up, and you choose the expiry date.

Sorry Protege5-Lover, yeh, yeh - I know... I'm a MORON too.

Back