CX-9 Touring or Grand Touring

dc1387

:
Mazda CX-9
Hi everyone,

I'm new here and I'm planning to buy the 2017 CX-9. I'm contemplating between the touring and the Grand touring. The grand touring will be stretching my budget and I'll have to spend a fair amount more than I would want to but I'm wondering if the added features would be worth it in the long run. Also, if I were to get the touring would I miss the features in the grand touring and regret not getting it. Let me know your thoughts. Thanks!

GT for sure.... HUD is the main thing as otherwise there is no digital Speedo....
Other reason is the Bose audio system is very good... Way better than the low spec.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Gtgtgtgtgtgtgtgtgtgtgtgtgtgtgtgtgtgtgtgtgtgtgtgtgtgtgtgtgtgtgtgtgtgtgtgtgtgtgtgtgtgtgtgtgtgtgtgtgtgtgtgtgtgtgtgtgtgtgtgtgtgtgt

To me, the GT features are well worth the additional $.
On two occasions in the past, I purchased a car with fewer features only to trade in less than a year for the vehicle I "really" wanted.
The trade ended up costing me far more than purchasing the desired vehicle in the first place.

Only you can determine your budget ... and if the GT is too big a stretch you might want to get the Touring.
That's still a very nice vehicle and you'll enjoy the utility while salting more $ aside.

It's easy for us to spend other people's money by encouraging a bigger purchase ... we don't have to live with the potential financial strain.
Examine your own priorities and choose what's best for YOUR situation.

Thanks for your responses guys. I found a certified 2016 Grand touring with 4000 miles on it for $36,000. Would you suggest buying it even though its used or a new touring which is $38000?

GT man... I would still buy the GT. You're getting additional features for less money than the new GT. Sure it's got 4,000 miles but if you buy the touring, in four months once you have 4,000 miles on it, you'd wish your payments were lower and you had the additional features.

I got my 2017 touring w. prem pack. (Includes bose speakers, sunroof, auto lights and some other features) for 37.3k including 500 incentive. Msrp was 40.5k. I'm happy with the touring. Also the 18" tires will have a little smoother ride than the 20s, and when it's time to change them, you'll be saving a few hundred $ on tire cost/installation, balancing.

I also got the Touring with the Premium Package. I think it was a $2500 MSRP difference between that and a new GT. I felt like it hit a good spot with price vs features. I also liked the ride better on the 18s.

The main features i care about in the grand touring are the adaptive cruise control, the drl in the headlight and the lcd screen next to the speedometer.

Thanks for your responses guys. I found a certified 2016 Grand touring with 4000 miles on it for $36,000. Would you suggest buying it even though its used or a new touring which is $38000?

If you are not in a hurry then wait until they start selling the 2018s...that way the 2017s will be offered better incentives and possibly great discounts off msrp for the GT trim!

If you are not in a hurry then wait until they start selling the 2018s...that way the 2017s will be offered better incentives and possibly great discounts off msrp for the GT trim!

I dont mind waiting a couple months. But i dont want to wait till next year.

IMO, the single biggest feature upgrade is the wheels. The 18's just don't work on the CX-9's proportions. Gotta have 20's.

I assume you are financing? Just not sure what the budget concern is over $4,000 on a $36,000+ purchase. That's $20 a week over 60 months. $25/wk over a 48 month term. If that is a lot, then you shouldn't be looking at such a vehicle.

... I found a certified 2016 Grand touring with 4000 miles on it for $36,000. ...
The required due diligence goes way up. I probably wouldn't buy that unless there was some way of speaking with the first owner, and then double checking for any kind of body work, camouflaged cigarette smoke, software problems, etc.

I bet that if you really spend some time shopping you'd be able to find a new GT for close to $36,000. I just did a quick search on Auto Trader and there are a bunch of ads for new 2016's within a few hundred bucks of $36,000 - even some all wheel drive models.

I dont mind waiting a couple months. But i dont want to wait till next year.

Probably the best time would be around late fall when the 2018s start to arrive and dealers are motivated to move their remaining 17s in stock knowing they'll be getting the 18s soon - they are also trying to compete with other Mazda dealers and non-Mazda dealers who are coming out with new 2018s for their models...when I did my purchase last Dec I was actually just fine with the GT but the wife wanted the Signature due to the diff leather colour but I never looked at the lower trim (below GT) due to the added features. I've always gotten the top level trim so you don't have any regrets down the road and also consider when you sell/trade in vehicle in future, the chances of selling top trim levels are always higher than the lower trims.

In November 2014, we bought a 2012 CX-9 GT with 31,000 miles on it. I love the car and have not had any issues with it. It has given us two and a half years and 19,000 miles of trouble free motoring. It still has the OEM tires, which still have a good amount of tread. It has been to the shop for servicing only. The big thing for me is that the original owner took the hit for the major depreciation that occurs when you drive a new car off the lot. There's a pretty good chance that the car will be snapped up by someone else if you don't buy it, the dealership I take my CX-9 to for servicing says they are in high demand as used vehicles.

4000 miles is as good as new; your are getting a better equipped car for less money. My only question would be: what's the certified warranty?

I am on my 3rd CX-9 - all have been GT's. Never an option to me - GT all the way - you will be happy you did!

If any are left....

Yeah, I wouldn't count on many "leftovers" when the 2018 drops. Here in June, prime time for auto sales, my local Mazda dealer has only a couple of CX-9's at a time. It's a high population area too. Yet they have like 25 CX-5's.

Hi everyone,

I'm new here and I'm planning to buy the 2017 CX-9. I'm contemplating between the touring and the Grand touring. The grand touring will be stretching my budget and I'll have to spend a fair amount more than I would want to but I'm wondering if the added features would be worth it in the long run. Also, if I were to get the touring would I miss the features in the grand touring and regret not getting it. Let me know your thoughts. Thanks!

GT all the way!

the HUD, the Rims, the leds, the BOSE!!!!

The audio is just I N C R E D I B L E! I have some tracks when I play on the BOSE everyone says OMG!!!

Are you planning to get AWD?

Back