New android 7 problems on Infotainment

I don't believe the issue is with the car's infotainment system. My wife has a 2014 CX5 and she had a Nokia 1520 Windows phone that would read texts aloud to her and allow her to reply. She now has a Samsung S8+ and it doesn't do that in her car. In fact when she gets in the car now, when bluetooth connects it acts like it's in a call and there is nothing that can be done to clear it short of turning bluetooth off on her phone. This started after the update, before the update it would tell her she has a new message, she would then have to select "read", then it would read it to her and she could only use a canned reply. I paired the phone with my car a 2015 Mazda 3, with a completely different system, and it does the exact same thing, while my 3 year old Nokia 1520 works perfect with talk to text. I was going to get a S8+ but now I'm glad I didn't. We have pretty much given up on bluetooth hands free working in her car and have unpaired it. Samsung had an update last week that was supposed to help with bluetooth issues, it did nothing to help. I personally think it's sad that a new phone doesn't even have hands free that works.

I don't believe the issue is with the car's infotainment system. My wife has a 2014 CX5 and she had a Nokia 1520 Windows phone that would read texts aloud to her and allow her to reply. She now has a Samsung S8+ and it doesn't do that in her car. In fact when she gets in the car now, when bluetooth connects it acts like it's in a call and there is nothing that can be done to clear it short of turning bluetooth off on her phone. This started after the update, before the update it would tell her she has a new message, she would then have to select "read", then it would read it to her and she could only use a canned reply. I paired the phone with my car a 2015 Mazda 3, with a completely different system, and it does the exact same thing, while my 3 year old Nokia 1520 works perfect with talk to text. I was going to get a S8+ but now I'm glad I didn't. We have pretty much given up on bluetooth hands free working in her car and have unpaired it. Samsung had an update last week that was supposed to help with bluetooth issues, it did nothing to help. I personally think it's sad that a new phone doesn't even have hands free that works.

Try and not connect the Bluetooth until you have started the car and MZD connect has loaded first

Back