The official Review Thread

Takes practice to master, because the icons aren't clearly labeled? Seriously? A phone icon, a music note icon, A button that says nav? This isn't clearly labeled enough?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
CR magazine says 155 pounds.

They are wrong.

I've got last models brochure and this current one and the difference is ~ 80lbs (40kgs)

This is the increase kg break down for our model:

"Weight rises around 40kg but engineering chief Masaya Kodama insists the penalty of the extra mass was inevitable in the face of improved functionality (such as the more versatile rear seats and increased driver-assist tech that collectively add 5kg), crash safety (another 5kg), more opulent cabin fittings (thats 10kg more), and refinement/dynamic performance (sound deadening and 15 percent rise in torsional rigidity come at a 20kg cost)".

Source: 2017 Mazda CX-5 international first drive

Maybe they have a big Withings and weighed it?

Thought it was a good review. We should point Mango towards it and ask how the CR-V scored.

Maybe they have a big Withings and weighed it?

Thought it was a good review. We should point Mango towards it and ask how the CR-V scored.
I can tell you exactly: put they were paid to bethere. Of course they'll be nice about it. :rolleyes: 😀

Well CR likes it I guess..now 2nd alone with 80pts behind the Forester and in front of Rav and CRV. Funny their touring stopped 4' shorter, did the avoidance manuever 2mph faster and they also like the ride better vs CRV. 0-60 took 8.6 vs 8.2 for CRV...I'd post the link but seems the site still hasn't been updated with test results..cheers

Here's a screencap. What I found interesting is the CR-V's predicted reliability is only average.

LmxWBA4.jpg

10 Worst Automakers for Initial Quality
Mazda # 6 at 1:47 minutes.

https://youtu.be/MMhimQCGkpk

125 reported problems in 100 cars. Interesting, maybe even slanderous.

Anyone able to enlighten me? I'm getting one anyway!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Lame. I do not understand how anyone can be confused with this simple system. If you can't use Mazdas ACC or if you don't know what a phone or music icon implies....you should just buy a simple low end Scion.

Interesting, the AutoGuide narrator on the video says Fiat has 163 problems/100 vehicles but the graphic says 164. Seems AG has their own quality problems.

10 Worst Automakers for Initial Quality
Mazda # 6 at 1:47 minutes.

https://youtu.be/MMhimQCGkpk

125 reported problems in 100 cars. Interesting, maybe even slanderous.

Anyone able to enlighten me? I'm getting one anyway!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

IMO utter rubbish.

Quality is very good here.

Main thing people complain about is MZD connect.

The rest of the vehicle(s) fine.

I've had my 6 for over 2 years and no quality issues whatsoever. I am expecting my next CX-5 to be the same

Is that an instrumented assessment or a SWAG?

"Our sound-level test—conducted at 70 mph—indicated a 4-decibel decrease from the previous model. At 65 decibels, the CX-5 is quieter than all rivals in this comparison; we recently recorded the same sound level in a $280,000 Bentley Bentayga." -car and driver

"Our sound-level test—conducted at 70 mph—indicated a 4-decibel decrease from the previous model. At 65 decibels, the CX-5 is quieter than all rivals in this comparison; we recently recorded the same sound level in a $280,000 Bentley Bentayga." -car and driver

[emoji50]

[emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone 7+ using Tapatalk

Back