The official Review Thread

I think he's referring to the CX-5 GT vs other trims. It's typical on many manufacturers to reserve the full sound deadening tech for the top trims (acoustic windshields and side glass, noise canceling speakers, extra sound proofing, etc). He's just saying that on the GT it's much quieter that the old models, but without knowing if the same changes were made on all trims the lower trims could potentially be louder.

Changes are across all models

Quite a nice review of new 2.5L cylinder on demand CX-5 194hp:

I always find Thomas very thorough in all his reviews and more understandable than some British people I know! Unless I missed it, he didn't seem to mention the recline ability of the rear seats.

I always find Thomas very thorough in all his reviews and more understandable than some British people I know! Unless I missed it, he didn't seem to mention the recline ability of the rear seats.
He didn't mention it but you can recline them

CR-V was #2. What they didn't like was the acceleration which, as Mango loves to point out, should be better then our cars, they said: "even the Rogues CVT pulled better then the Honda". LOL

CR-V was #2. What they didn't like was the acceleration which, as Mango loves to point out, should be better then our cars, they said: "even the Rogues CVT pulled better then the Honda". LOL

Good god, CVT in the Rogue was extremely atrocious. Hated the car the second I started test driving it.

I dont see people complain about how are cars accelerate. It's a common comment @ crvforums.

I test drove the ‘18 Tiguan. Quite mushy suspension for a VW. The ‘17 Tiguan felt tighter.
Anyone test drive the ‘18? ... Impressions ?

For us we had the final two as Escape and CX-5. The safety, interior refinement, and availability of radar cruise gave the CX-5 the edge. Just wish it had the power of the 2.0T on the Escape.

For us we had the final two as Escape and CX-5. The safety, interior refinement, and availability of radar cruise gave the CX-5 the edge. Just wish it had the power of the 2.0T on the Escape.

The fuel economy on the Escape is not that good and the Tiguan was expensive.

Here is a comparison done between Tiguan, Escape, Tucson & CX-5 and the CX-5 won:

Medium SUV Comparison 2017: The Verdict

In case Mazda is reading this here is a list of changes they should make for '18 in my opinion.

1. Offer the 2.5T from the CX-9 as an upgrade option
2. Auto up/down on all 4 windows
3. Electronics stay on after you turn off ignition until you open a door with a cap of say 15 minutes or so to protect the battery
4. Front USB ports with 2.1 amp charging + data
5. Add Apple Car Play and Android Auto
6. Allow at least limited use of touch screen while vehicle is in motion
7. Automatically activate rear wiper if you're in reverse and front wipers are activated (Ford and VW do this and it's really nice)
8. More intuitive control for wiper were you can just see that auto is activated. Maybe do this similar to the headlights.

Latest posts

Back