Hawaiian Hooptie

klanz001

:
2002 Mazda Protege5 Manual trans
Howzit one and all,

I found this forum while researching my $900 special. I did buy it in hopes to save some money on gas since my commute is going from being 500 miles/month to about 1000 miles/month. Thanks for posting all the info. Some details about this 2002 P5: bone stock except for aftermarket bluetooth stereo, some character dings here and there, 5 spd manual, interior in excellent condition. I'm still trying to figure out how to post pics so bear with me (uhm)

EZ Duz It :p

attachment.php

Last edited:
After the wrong bushings came with my short shifter, here was my solution- zip ties and silicone grease. We'll see how long it lasts :p

attachment.php

Welcome!

You should order the third link bushings from corksport for that shifter. And even the bronze oil bushings.

Yupperz, already on the way. The shifter came with the 3rd link bushings and other bushings that didn't work. I had all the links out of the car at the time so I improvised with what I had in my box (after some colorful adjectives). Works out pretty solid so far- good tight shifts. Now jus gotta make the short shifter a little taller :p Pics when I'm done :)

Yupz, still up and about. Had to take a short hiatus to figure out my game plan for school. Settling into a routine but I dread my commute to Manoa from Waipahu :( Nothing new on the hooptie other than replacing wiper blades. I might go back to the stock shifter because the short shifter is too low. Trying to build an extension for it with some pipe I had laying around my house. Still fun to drive :p Zoom zoom :p

Ah shoot, Id be going from Mils to West.
Can always get a shift knob that sits higher up haha. Btw if you ever decide you want to get rid of those roof racks, let a brotha know lol.

Back