Installed my new Homelink Mirror

:
2013 Mazda CX-5, 2.0 Manual Transmission, 1989 Mazda MX-6
I got it from Mazda. It has compass, auto dimming and opens my garage door. Not sure I like it. It seems to be working great so far, its just bigger than the original mirror. Doesn't really let you see more outside the car. You just end up seeing the inside of the C pillars.
Kind of wish I just got the Homelink 60-HMLKV5BLK, which is just the garage opener that can be installed. I was thinking of putting it in the cubby hole to the left of the steering wheel. It would just be out of sight. Its is expensive though for what you get. Basically the same price as the whole mirror, which is vehicle specific and just plugs into an existing harness.

Attachments

• IMG_3308.JPG.jpg
    IMG_3308.JPG.jpg
    467.6 KB · Views: 249
Last edited:
Do you not have an overhead console with sunglass holder on the Sport? I installed my transmitter (regular Genie one) in the sunglass holder using Velcro. It's hidden from view and yet very convenient to use. I just pop open the door to gain access to it.

I do have the overhead console with the sunglass holder. But I put my sunglasses in there. I really like that holder. But I will keep the mirror, and get used to it. If not I will try to sell it, then get the other transmitter.

Last edited:
Back