Separate pages for 1st and 2nd gen CX-5?

:
2017 Mazda CX-5 GT AWD
Is it possible to have separate pages for 1st and 2nd generation CX-5?

Now that there's a 1st and 2nd generation, it would make it much easier to keep up with information that's relevant to your vehicle.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Its what I was suggesting. Engine Transmission Infotainment system are all different. It doesn't even compete in the same segment as well.

Now that there's a 1st and 2nd generation, it would make it much easier to keep up with information that's relevant to your vehicle.

Agree!

Its what I was suggesting. Engine Transmission Infotainment system are all different. It doesn't even compete in the same segment as well.

The engines and transmissions are the same and the infotainment only changed for 2016.

Not even the same segment? LOL. Get over yourselves. Your car isn't that different. 🤣😁😎

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Kaps was trying to do his best - saying everything just the opposite ⋯ (whistle)

Probably would've been better to have asked this question here instead:

Support & Feedback

Last edited:
EVERY car forum I have EVER been on, would have a different section for it.

Z forums
Corvette forums
F-body forums
Mustang forums

EVERY ONE OF THEM has a different section for the different "gens".

Not even the same segment? LOL. Get over yourselves. Your car isn't that different. ������

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

It qualifies as a different gen. Just like the 2011 Mustang GT does from the 2010. Hell, those forums even have TRIM LEVEL sub-forums (Cobra, GT, etc.)

The engines and transmissions are the same and the infotainment only changed for 2016.
Incorrect.
The cars do not share hardly any parts between the two generations... also have been updates to the engine and transmission for 2017.

It qualifies as a different gen. Just like the 2011 Mustang GT does from the 2010. Hell, those forums even have TRIM LEVEL sub-forums (Cobra, GT, etc.)

They sell more cars then in a month then 'we' do in a year.

On the Saab board I was on, the Saab 900 was totally overhauled for 1999. There were over 1,300 changes between 98 and 99. They even changed the name from 900 to 9-3. We kept them in the same forum. I promise the CX-5 hasn't had even half as many changes.

Here's a 98 900 Coupe:
6878950001_large.jpg

Here's a 99 9-3 Coupe (Viggen Special Edition):
SAAB-9-3-Coupe-1914_23.jpg

I'm sure you can guess what we did? Yep... kept them together.

I really don't care, honestly, but I think it's dumb. I don't like this forum setup at all, personally, but I choose to hang here so don't complain (much lol). There should be a MOD forum and a Problem forum. Not 5 separate forums, for each model. There also should be only one lounge so that we can all hang out together. I hate hate hate the separation. I hate that every model has it's own lounge. It would be nice to hang with the 6,3,CX-7, CX-9 owners. But the 'main' lounge is a ghost town.

So do you guys suggest adding just one 17 forum under the CX-5 forum, or a totally separate one with 5 sections under it?

We have more to gain by keeping it together and much to lose by splitting it out, imo. It's not that hard to find 17 specific info, nor will it be as it grows.

Why is this necessary? These cars are virtually identical other than some styling updates and a few extra features in the current CX-5. The current CX-9 and previous generation CX-9 are 2 completely different vehicles and they share the same forum.

Sorry, I don't go into other Mazda forums to know that they aren't separated by generation.
I can understand having the CX-5 Lounge but why not have generation specific pages for Audio, Accessories and Appearance, etc?
As I scan through some of the topics, I can't tell which gen they're talking about.
For example, I found one topic referring to (TSBs?) about hood flutter. As I scrolled through it I couldn't tell which genetation they were referring to...at all !

Every other car forum I frequent has the particular model (Audi A4, Lexus GS) with a sub-forum (B9, 4GS). This forum should have the same.

Back