Tire Pressure light illuminated alongwith DSC/TCS light came on - 2016.5 Touring

Thanks for the follow-up posting and it sure would help other CX-5 owners having a similar situation. Unfortunately you didn’t have a chance to pull the codes (yes, the CEL codes would be there to read for a while) so that we can see what the CEL codes and related problems would be by an AutoZone reader for your specific case due to the oil pressure switch stuck on.

Interestingly TSB 05-005/16 has never been posted here before. And there’re 2 parts for oil pressure switch, FZ01-21-2C0 for switch A and FZ01-21-2J0 for switch B. More strangely, your dealer did a free ATF drain-and-fill for you with 4 quarts of fresh Mazda FZ ATF and a new ATF strainer/filter FZ01-21-500 by taking the ATF pan down! (uhm)

Any idea how long before the codes are cleared? I was under the impression they cleared after a certain amount of miles, correct? I assume the listed code was the only one since they knew what was going on without any guess work upon either visit. I should never assume, though.

The posted invoice states "P0847 OIL PRESSURE SWITCH STUCK ON". CEL P0847 for generic OBDII code means the transmission fluid pressure sensor in sensor B circuit is not working properly. This means 2 "oil" pressure switch A and B are actually the ATF pressure switches. That explains why joydestroy's CX-5 got a free ATF change.

Yep! Thanks for writing out the info ;)
I drove this past week Mon-Fri to total about 200 miles and no issues so far. Will be sure to update if it's not fixed but seems to be.

Last edited:
Did you ever figure out what the issue was? I have something similar going on. Took it to the dealership a few weeks back and they reflashed the throttle control module which seemed to have fixed things. This morning, though, the same lights came on again. I think in my case it might be a bad sensor. My vehicle isn't driving strangely in any way. Along with these two lights I also have a check engine and the automatic transaxle lights illuminated.

Never had these lights resurface.
Since then I have driven roughly 10000 miles. I just got my 20K mile service done. I will keep an eye out for this.
Your case was probably more severe. Good you got it fixed. I dread if anything of this sort happens to me. I dont have any dealer near me that is willing to work - I still cannot get my vent grille replaced they always screw up and it seems fishy. Once I hit 36K I will just buy my oil and go to a regular independent mechanic in this area.

How did you figure out ATF was drained?

Never had these lights resurface.
Since then I have driven roughly 10000 miles. I just got my 20K mile service done. I will keep an eye out for this.
Your case was probably more severe. Good you got it fixed. I dread if anything of this sort happens to me. I dont have any dealer near me that is willing to work - I still cannot get my vent grille replaced they always screw up and it seems fishy. Once I hit 36K I will just buy my oil and go to a regular independent mechanic in this area.

How did you figure out ATF was drained?

What's up with your vent grille?

My 20k is coming up. I guess I should really get to reading the maintenance section in the owners manual.
I'm gonna be pretty sad once I hit the "out of new car warranty" mileage. Dreading it too my dude. Thinking about an extended warranty maybe.

What's up with your vent grille?

My 20k is coming up. I guess I should really get to reading the maintenance section in the owners manual.
I'm gonna be pretty sad once I hit the "out of new car warranty" mileage. Dreading it too my dude. Thinking about an extended warranty maybe.

I wanted to replace the chrome with black ones from 15 MY. Since they reflect sun in the rear mirror.

So I was doing my daily yesterday and these two lights
images

1.htm5.gif

Came on at the same time. I pulled over and checked my tire pressure - all checked out well.
Started the car and drove carefully. Just before I pull into my parking- the lights went on.

Note both lights came on - stayed on, did not flicker. They turned off at the same time.

When I parked - i measured the tire pressure and due to the heat some tires had 40 psi. I know once it cools down it should go down a bit, I still pulled 1-2 psi out of all tires.

Any idea why is this happening? Can i drive it till monday when I give in for service. also pretty sure its hard to recreate this in front of a dealer.
Hi, I have a 2016 Mazda 3 i sport, same problem, both lights turn on and sometime they went off but it comes the time that they never turn off, I found that the problem was the brake light switch, change that and problem solve.

Back