Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tire Pressure light illuminated alongwith DSC/TCS light came on - 2016.5 Touring

Registered Member

2016 CX5 Touring AWD

Quote Originally Posted by yrwei52 View Post
    You definitely have more issues than Kaps. You can take your CX-5 to AutoZone to read the codes for free and get a printout with a list of associated problems. Then take your CX-5 with the printout to your Mazda dealer for warranty service. Of course you want to mention this's a 2nd try for the same problem.
    If there's no CEL doubtful there would be codes. He can check the Warning Screen and see if there's anything there. If so take a pic in case the warnings go away.

Registered Member

2016.5 CX-5 Touring

I suppose it would've been smart of me to say that my vehicle has just over 19k miles on it and is still under the new car warranty through Mazda. All the work they're doing is free of charge. No need to take it to AutoZone also the check engine light went out before I had a chance to get there. Not sure how long before codes get cleared but I'm aware they can clear on their own. Anyway, the mechanical work is done. I'm going by in a few hours so I'll have more details after that as to what the issue was.

Registered Member

2016.5 CX-5 Touring

As promised, here are the details. The paperwork includes the service bulletin number. Apparently the cause was oil pressure switches that needed to be replaced with updated ones. Please see link for details/paperwork

Service Bulletin 05-005/16

https://photos.app.goo.gl/kJ9TBO6EiduDRRZ42

Donated: $8

2016 Mazda CX-5 GT AWD w/Tech

Arrow Tire Pressure light illuminated alongwith DSC/TCS light came on - 2016.5 Touring

Quote Originally Posted by joydestroy View Post
    As promised, here are the details. The paperwork includes the service bulletin number. Apparently the cause was oil pressure switches that needed to be replaced with updated ones. Please see link for details/paperwork

Service Bulletin 05-005/16

https://photos.app.goo.gl/kJ9TBO6EiduDRRZ42
    Thanks for the follow-up posting and it sure would help other CX-5 owners having a similar situation. Unfortunately you didnít have a chance to pull the codes (yes, the CEL codes would be there to read for a while) so that we can see what the CEL codes and related problems would be by an AutoZone reader for your specific case due to the oil pressure switch stuck on.

Interestingly TSB 05-005/16 has never been posted here before. And thereíre 2 parts for oil pressure switch, FZ01-21-2C0 for switch A and FZ01-21-2J0 for switch B. More strangely, your dealer did a free ATF drain-and-fill for you with 4 quarts of fresh Mazda FZ ATF and a new ATF strainer/filter FZ01-21-500 by taking the ATF pan down!

Donated: $8

2016 Mazda CX-5 GT AWD w/Tech

Arrow Tire Pressure light illuminated alongwith DSC/TCS light came on - 2016.5 Touring

The posted invoice states "P0847 OIL PRESSURE SWITCH STUCK ON". CEL P0847 for generic OBDII code means the transmission fluid pressure sensor in sensor B circuit is not working properly. This means 2 "oil" pressure switch A and B are actually the ATF pressure switches. That explains why joydestroy's CX-5 got a free ATF change.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12