2017 CX-5 Bose Centerpoint Poll

Lets share our setups here and see if we have one that sounds the best!
From neutral, +5 bass +3 treble. To my ears, these settings works best for the genres I listen to.

What's your?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

From neutral, +5 bass +3 treble. To my ears, these settings works best for the genres I listen to.

What's your?

I just have mine set to 0/0 treble and bass, seems to sound more realistic that way to me. One thing I've noticed (2017 Bose system) is that at certain frequencies the tweeters become harsh and screechy, I'm hoping this goes away as they break-in.

+2 faded to the rear, +2 bass, +3 treble but I do change it up a bit depending what I'm listening to.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I have to say, after burn in, center point on does sound fairly good to my ears.

+2 faded to the rear, +2 bass, +3 treble but I do change it up a bit depending what I'm listening to.

^^^^ This is my set-up as well. With CenterPoint turned off.

I have turned off centerpoint, it sounds much better with out.

Haven't spent a lot of time with the settings, the day we purchased the car the salesman cranked the bass up to +6 and its more or less been there since. I've noticed with spotify it seems to be much more bass heavy though so I will have to adjust.

Brand new here today & about to buy or lease a 2017 CX-5 GT with Premium & the audio is important to me. I only just discovered this car today & ran right out to test drive & audio sounded pretty good! How are you enjoying your audio now that it's been a couple of months? Settings? I'd love a jumpstart at what settings seem best for when my man tests one tomorrow! Tks! -Lynn

Last edited:
Still Loving it. Zero complaints and audio is important to me, as well.

I am not a Bose fan by any stretch of the imagination, but the Bose stereo (speakers?) in these cars is fantastic. Puts the stock radio in....every car I've owned... to shame.
How do you turn the audio off? Just got car last nite and seems we can only MUTE it! Nothing in manual...

As far as Centerpoint is concerned, I thought it was cool at first, but I find the range is better with it off. I found the Centerpoint added a lot of mid to the mix, and clouded out the subwoofer.

And as for the Bose system in general, I think it's pretty fantastic for a 'stock' system. I sold car audio for a number of years, and listened to a lot of after-market systems after they were installed, and I have to say that some folks would spend <$2000 on amps, speakers, subs, etc. and very rarely would a system sound as balanced as this one does (with CP off). They may have had more bass, but it was often to an obnoxious level. For true sound quality, this system does fairly well in my books. I've also had a ton of different set-ups in previous vehicles, mostly after-market, and this system sounds much more rich and tuned than many of them.

I for one cannot get the Centerpoint feature to turn on.
It used to work but no more. Any tips to fix?

I now have a GT-R. CP stays on. I am not impressed with the sound system, but it is also not off-putting. It's a Bose....

I have a CX-9 and for the most part leave Centerpoint feature on, as previously mentioned, it sounds more musically neutral. I did add a dual 8" subwoofer with built-in amp and had the Bose subs disabled, this added much more natural bass to my music. It was a welcome addition, also I didn't want to replace 12 speakers, so this was the next logical step without breaking the bank. I was leery at first however once the sub broke in it sounded great, I also installed a sub remote knob, which allows me to adjust the sub level on the fly according to the music.

Peace and blessings,

Azeke

Last edited:
I now have a GT-R. CP stays on. I am not impressed with the sound system, but it is also not off-putting. It's a Bose....

Give it a few months. Didn't like mine when I first got it, now the bass is fantastic. Playing music with a wide range helps the break in.

Last edited:
I found the Centerpoint added a lot of mid to the mix, and clouded out the subwoofer.

Agreed but I usually leave Centerpoint on. Setting aside my audiophile tendencies, when I'm driving I like to fill the car with sound. (wiggle)

My Acura TL from years ago had a better sounding Bose system and I'm generally a fan of their products (headphones, SoundLink speakers...). This system is a bit disappointing but as the speakers break in I'm enjoying the sound more and more.

Last edited:
I*ve noticed some speaker sound improvements in just a short time since getting the car on a mix of music genres played through iPod/USB, Apple Carplay and Sirius/XM. Agree with some suggestions here to increase bass, treble and fade, and I*ve left Centerpoint on for now.

Back