2017 CX5 Arm Rest Extension or split Possible?

XYR03

:
2017 CX5, 2015 981S
I'm not a very large person, therefore my right arm seems to not reach the middle arm rest to lay on. Is there an option out there that is an extension or a split/slide action one? I've tried looking for one and did not find one for the previous gen either so I may be SOL.

Just goog "arm rest extension". Lots of options.

Yes, but unfortunately mostly for Subaru! It's disappointing to hear that this is still an issue for CX-5 buyers. I found one that works reasonably well for first gen cars, but with the raised consul design on gen 2 cars, I would have thought this was resolved for 2017. Shame on Mazda if it isn't!

It's more of a length issue rather than the height of the armrest. they may have not extended on purpose due to the cup holder area. On my old 3 had a extended drivers side on the armrest. Some cars have the sliding feature which would be cool so you can use the cup holders when needed. Right now my elbow sit on my coffee cup in the morning. lol

That's the original (grossly overpriced) version of the one I bought from Korea for $20 including shipping. I'm sure they are still around. They measure about 2.5" thick as I recall which is thick enough. As ZYRO3 points out, the rest of the problem is length and Mazda has had plenty of time to deal with that with something as simple as a sliding top design which works well for many other makers.

Back