CX-5 0-60mph Time

Anybody know when Mazda disabled the ability to turn off traction control? I know you can in my 2014 and you can't in the 2017.

Here are some numbers on the diesel from a few years back:

The 175 PS version we were sent is an utterly brilliant engine, kicking out a big 310 lb ft (420 Nm) lump of torque at just 2,000 rpm. The manual will do the 0 – 62 mph run in 8.8 seconds and it’ll hit 129 mph at the top end.

http://carproductstested.com/cars/mazda-cx-5-awd-sport-nav-2-2-175ps-diesel-review-skyactiv-tech-offers-power-economy/

With all that torque at 2000 RPM, why is the diesel slower than the petrol from 0-60?

Diesel will be slower to 60 because it makes it power in the low - midrange RPM, while the NA engine is making all its power at high RPM. When you're going WOT for a 0-60 test, the engine will be at the high RPM range most of the time, which gives the NA engine the advantage.

For some people may be important the 0-60 time, while for others not.
I think it is a matter of choice. I am a member of other family car forum and people do different mods to them, tuning, lowering, bigger tires, etc.[emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sport Mode certainly affects throttle response, and probably 'tip in', which would increase accel at first throttle press.

It could also affect the stall RPM if you 'brake stand'.

2016 CX-5 0-60 is 7.7
2017 CX-5 0-60 is 7.8~8 seconds.
2018 CX-5 Diesel 2.2 Turbo should be mid 8s.
You are welcome.

I posted in another thread but 2.2L did 0-100km/h in 8.7 seconds

91 octane here is base unleaded. 95 & 98 is premium. I run 95 in my Mazda 6 and get better fuel economy and feels peppier.

With regards to telling if it is full or not, harder to tell these days. Only way is to try 0-60 when full and close to empty.

FYI I don't let the tank run to empty. I mix up when I fill up so the new fuel mixes with the old so less gunk flows to the engine.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

You're talking about RON.
I run the equivalent of 92 RON in my CX5. 98RON equivalent is 60 cents a gallon more, and 95 RON is 40-50 cents more. NOTHING a tune could EVER do is worth 25% more to fill a CX5 with.

Sport Mode certainly affects throttle response, and probably 'tip in', which would increase accel at first throttle press.

It could also affect the stall RPM if you 'brake stand'.

No, the tq converter lock-up affects stall rpm. This is why pre-Sport mode CX5's all tested as fast and faster than post-sport mode CX5's in all acceleration tests and passing tests. Sport Mode is a "feel good" and "drive around in a lower gear" thing. Not a "more power higher shifts" thing.

You're talking about RON.
I run the equivalent of 92 RON in my CX5. 98RON equivalent is 60 cents a gallon more, and 95 RON is 40-50 cents more. NOTHING a tune could EVER do is worth 25% more to fill a CX5 with.

Yes as our fuel here is measured in RON.

The price here is as follows:

• 95 is about 11.5 cents per litre more expensive than 91
  • 98 is about 5.6 cents per litre more expensive than 95 & 17.2 cents per litre more expensive than 91

It should be noted that we also have E10 (Ethanol blend) which octane rating of 94 is the cheapest fuel

Hence:

• 91 is about 6.0 cents per litre more expensive than 94
  • 95 is about 17.6 cents per litre more expensive than 94
  • 98 is about 23.2 cents per litre more expensive than 94

The CX-5 supports all these fuels

Do what you will with the above fuels.

All I know is when the CX-5 comes, I will be using 95 like I am with my current 6 and for me I get better kms and feels perkier

Last edited:
Anybody know when Mazda disabled the ability to turn off traction control? I know you can in my 2014 and you can't in the 2017.

What trim have you got and country are you in? In the US GT, you can turn on or off Traction Control via a button next to the Lane-Keep Assist button - below and to the left of the steering wheel.

What trim have you got and country are you in? In the US GT, you can turn on or off Traction Control via a button next to the Lane-Keep Assist button - below and to the left of the steering wheel.

We can turn off traction control here from base model to top spec:

Base :-

image.jpg

Top spec :-

image.jpg

You can turn off traction control. It is the stability control system that cannot be fully turned off in the 2017 models.

You can turn off traction control. It is the stability control system that cannot be fully turned off in the 2017 models.
Correct especially if you have i-active awd

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

If I was worried about 0 to 60 times I would buy a Challenger demon.CX5 does fine for what it is.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

You couldn't disable dsc by button on any awd cx5 from the start, but I physically disable mine sometimes and this is what i like to do in my lowered and modded "family cuv"

Last edited:
You couldn't disable it by button on any awd cx5 from the start, but I physically disable mine sometimes and this is what i like to do in my lowered and modded "family cuv"

Good to see the upside down date and time in the right hand corner! (wink)

Back