CX-5 0-60mph Time

More than likely these results are with sport mode on.

My guess is most drivers will get somewhere between these 2 times.

There is absolutely no reason for sport mode to improve 0-60 times.

Your 20-60 time will be better with sport mode and you'll be able to put power down out of corners more predictably, but 0-60 will be the same regardless of sport mode.

Sport Mode adjusts the transmission shift and engine throttle controls. Yes it primarily keeps the engine in its rev sweet spot but may also help a little with initial acceleration.

Sport Mode adjusts the transmission shift and engine throttle controls. Yes it primarily keeps the engine in its rev sweet spot but may also help a little with initial acceleration.

if you really want a good 0-60 you need to brake torque, so the initial acceleration will not be impacted by the throttle controls

I can't believe we have a thread about the CX-5's 0-60 speed.
does that really matter for CUV's?

although, when I bought my X3 I was also quite surprised to see people's time slips from the local drag strip.
lets please not get to that level. :D

I can't believe we have a thread about the CX-5's 0-60 speed.
does that really matter for CUV's?

Looks like it does.

I am interested as it gives a bit of a guide to what can be done when required to accelerated quickly from a situation be it at traffic light etc

Last edited:

Under WOT it's a zero gain. Cruising, it's like trailer/tow mode in a truck.

if you really want a good 0-60 you need to brake torque, so the initial acceleration will not be impacted by the throttle controls
I know you responded with an actual answer, but imagining someone brake torquing a ~190 HP CUV is a hilarious thought :)

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I know you responded with an actual answer, but imagining someone brake torquing a ~190 HP CUV is a hilarious thought :)

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

People on here have done tunes, lowered, and all sorts of hilarious things to a family car.

Can you tell when the gas tank is full vs. empty? Is it worth having to run 91 octane?
91 octane here is base unleaded. 95 & 98 is premium. I run 95 in my Mazda 6 and get better fuel economy and feels peppier.

With regards to telling if it is full or not, harder to tell these days. Only way is to try 0-60 when full and close to empty.

FYI I don't let the tank run to empty. I mix up when I fill up so the new fuel mixes with the old so less gunk flows to the engine.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Looks like it does.

I am interested as it gives a bit of a guide to what can be done when required to accelerated quickly from a situation be it at traffic light etc

I recommend pushing the gas pedal. It works.

2016 CX-5 0-60 is 7.7
2017 CX-5 0-60 is 7.8~8 seconds.
2018 CX-5 Diesel 2.2 Turbo should be mid 8s.
You are welcome.

Back