What's the furthest trip your CX5 has been on?

I recall someone saying the trip from DFW to Austin would kill mileage ;)

yikes 12.4?? You must of been met with every unfavorable condition that results in bad gas mileage.

Was a joke. Obviously.
DFW to Austin and back was bumper to bumper 80 mph driving. So no strong winds etc. Saw about 27-28 mpg. But they have construction going on always in Temple or some city along the way.

At this point if i did not need the cargo - my Camry wins hands down over CX-5 as a long distance car. More miles per tank I believe 40% more. But in multi lane city traffic - give me back my CX-5.
Hit 30.3 this morning. whoop de dooop.

I have done a round trip of 1356 (stopped for one night) and got close to 29 MPH for the trip. Car worked well. Honestly, the front seats have more room and are more comfortable than our Odyssey.

I have done a ~700 mile trip at least 20 times.

Yea, most incredible road I've ever been on.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Have you been up Trail Ridge Road in it CD?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Several times. Beautiful drive. Looking to do it again in the next few weeks. Girlfriend hasn't seen it yet before.

Even more impressive is he said he went to the top of Pike's Peak recently - 2000 feet higher. (14,000 vs 12,000 for trail ridge) It's also got more severe and more switchbacks from what I recall having made that drive a number of years ago.

But trail ridge road is definitely the more scenic by far.

Even more impressive is he said he went to the top of Pike's Peak recently - 2000 feet higher. (14,000 vs 12,000 for trail ridge) It's also got more severe and more switchbacks from what I recall having made that drive a number of years ago.

But trail ridge road is definitely the more scenic by far.

Yep, went up Pikes Peak on Satuday. Next up is Mt. Evans and Trail Ridge Road.

And one of these days I'll get to western Colorado and head over to Ouray and Silverton.

I've seen much of North and Latin America. The 2 best and coolest (but very different) roads I've ever driven:

#1 Trail Ridge Road
#2 The Overseas Highway (Florida Keys)

Was a joke. Obviously.
DFW to Austin and back was bumper to bumper 80 mph driving. So no strong winds etc. Saw about 27-28 mpg. But they have construction going on always in Temple or some city along the way.

At this point if i did not need the cargo - my Camry wins hands down over CX-5 as a long distance car. More miles per tank I believe 40% more. But in multi lane city traffic - give me back my CX-5.

I'd be happy with that at 80mph.

I would to travel along all the back roads but that really increases the length of the trip.

I've seen much of North and Latin America. The 2 best and coolest (but very different) roads I've ever driven:

#1 Trail Ridge Road
#2 The Overseas Highway (Florida Keys)

Fully agree with #1. Absolutely gorgeous drive that feels like being on top of the world.

Can't say I've been to the Keys yet.

Just finished a 1,500-mile round-trip from NE Tennessee to NOLA last week. 11 1/2 hours driving time each way; I thought the ride was very comfortable. In my 2013 Hyundai Sonata (that I traded in on the CX-5), my back would have been super sore; no soreness with this Mazda. Gas mileage was around 28 mpg for the entire trip; two adults, minimal luggage, AC all the way. Very pleased.

We've done a Halifax to NYC run a couple times now to visit family, and that's about 1,500km each direction (~950mi). Last trip was about a month ago, and we did that with 2 bikes in the car along with all our luggage and some goodies for our new home (some things were so much cheaper in the US). Found it to be comfortable for that distance, no soreness at all and I found there to be plenty of room (I'm 6'4"). I think we probably averaged around 30mpg for that trip.

Longest trip so far with the CX-5 was DFW to Houston, around 240-250 miles. The seats are too comfy it makes me sleepy during the drive.

I'm with Kaps on the cargo/utility thing with the CX-5 on road trips. Unless I need the extra cargo space, I take my Speed3 for road trips. I can match the fuel mileage of the CX-5 with the Speed3 on road trips and I don't get bullied on the open road (because 280+ lb-ft of torque).

That would be an awesome drive!!! ....such diverse country and sights

Not sure how the roads are past Panama. That is as far south as I have been.

Was a joke. Obviously.

Made that trip yesterday and today. Was a little low at ~28 but I was doing 80 most of the way. I can often get ~31 on the northbound trip when traffic is steady but slower.

Back