What's the furthest trip your CX5 has been on?

jhu8

:
16 CX-5 GT AWD w/ Tech
Tomorrow I have to make a trip to Florida(from Maryland) due to the passing of my grandfather. This will certainly be the longest trip that my CX5 has been on. I have taken several 2.5 hour trips here and there throughout the couple years of ownership but no where near the length of this upcoming trip. This trip will be just shy of 1000 miles/15 hours each way. I am interested to see how the seats hold up for driving that long. That has been my one slight disappointment with the CX5 so hopefully it's not too bad. I am excited though to travel with my CX5 though and see how I do gas mileage wise.

So, what has been your guys longest/furthest trip that you have taken your CX5 on?

'15 GT, we did 1800km, 1100mi trip recently, Toronto area to Prince Edward Island. I posted about it somewhere on this forum. Was very impressed with seats, no fatigue at all. Conditions were not the best, the car performed beautifuly.

Sent from my VIVO XL using Tapatalk

DFW to Austin. 184 miles. did run at 85 mph for a loong time. Got 12.4 mpg. Sad puppy.

DFW to Austin. 184 miles. did run at 85 mph for a loong time. Got 12.4 mpg. Sad puppy.

yikes 12.4?? You must of been met with every unfavorable condition that results in bad gas mileage.

About 70 miles. Averaged just under 31 mpg.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Bay area California from Denver and back. Two different routes for each due to weather (this was in winter). ~2700 miles round trip.

Yellowstone, WY from Denver and back. ~1300 miles round trip.

Moab, UT from Denver and back. ~700 miles round trip

Don't see much point driving east ;)

Edit: One of these days I'll make a trip down to New Mexico. Santa Fe sounds like a cool place to visit.

Last edited:
Biggest Australian road trip was a 31hr round trip from Adelaide to Sydney to Melbourne then back to Adelaide. 8hr drives each day. Electric adjusted seats held up really well, can't say I complained about them. We had 3 in the car with a boot full of gear. If I can recall, mileage in mpg was approx. 30 mpg on hwy and 25 mpg combined with plenty of urban driving. The CX-5 didn't miss a beat. Factory Sat-nav did its job well except for amongst the tall buildings in Sydney.

Trip%60.jpg

Portland to Seattle and back (so not so far 175'ish miles each way), but loved the drive; and it was lightly snowing at the time..

On a side note, sorry about the passing of your grandfather. I lost mine last week. Enjoy these folks while you have then.

Back on it....longest trip...300 miles one way. No issues. I have done the same trip in the Miata and it felt like 30,000 miles!

Biggest Australian road trip was a 31hr round trip from Adelaide to Sydney to Melbourne then back to Adelaide. 8hr drives each day. Electric adjusted seats held up really well, can't say I complained about them. We had 3 in the car with a boot full of gear. If I can recall, mileage in mpg was approx. 30 mpg on hwy and 25 mpg combined with plenty of urban driving. The CX-5 didn't miss a beat. Factory Sat-nav did its job well except for amongst the tall buildings in Sydney.

Trip%60.jpg

Thats a decent run mate!

Have you been up Trail Ridge Road in it CD?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

~1,250 miles round trip. Back felt fine the way down. Got sore the trip back. I drove down Thursday and drove home Monday. Averaged 31 MPGs at normal highway speeds. (No 80-85 zones)

Condolences to you and your family jhu8.

Longest distance covered in one day, 860 miles from Natchez, MS to home in NE Indiana. Hadn't planned on going that far in one day, but felt good after 600 miles and decided to go the last 260 that night and sleep in my own bed. Never could have done that in my '01 Escape, or wife's '10 Nissan. Seats are such an individual preference, but for me the CX-5 seats fit better than any other car we've had.

I recall someone saying the trip from DFW to Austin would kill mileage ;)

I make that trip all the time. 12.4 is bad, even for 85 mph. Must've had a strong headwind.

I've seen 24 mpg at 90 mph (there's a toll road nearby where this is actually legal), under favorable conditions.

FL twice. 2800 miles each round trip. Love the part through Chattanooga, TN and the whole Smoky's pass.

I'm in SW Ohio and did the 5-hour one-way trip down to Mammoth Cave KY a few weeks ago.

Saturday, I'm taking my kid to summer camp, from SW Ohio to the Poconos outside Scranton PA. That's 10 hours one-way, and we do 10 hours on Sat and 10 hours back on Sunday, so I'll have a much better idea how the CX-5 performs after that. On a related note, I have my first oil change scheduled for next Wednesday, but have 4600 miles on it right now, so will overshoot that 5000-mile recommendation by about a thousand. I expect to hit the 10,000 mile mark before summer's end, as I have the 20-hour trip to retrieve the kid, with a detour to NYC for the grown-ups for some fun before that.

It's nutty to me that I will have put 10k miles on this car in six months.

I'm in SW Ohio and did the 5-hour one-way trip down to Mammoth Cave KY a few weeks ago.

Wait... what??? SW Ohio? Cincy? How did it take 5 hours? Did you take the long way? LOL
it took me about 7 including a dinner stop... from NE Ohio, which is 5 HOURS from you.

/edit/ Saw your profile. Dayton. OK but 5 still seems on the high side?!?

Back