Your Best Source for Genuine Mazda Parts!
Your Best Source for Genuine Mazda Parts!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 34

Thread: 2018 Camry Compared to Mazda6

  1. #16
    Registered Member

    2017 Mazda6 Touring

    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Tampa
    Posts
    49
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzman12 View Post
    I wouldn't get too excited about the new Accord. They dropped the Coupe and the V6. The standard engine will be the 1.5T mated to the CVT.
    It might be OK with one occupant (driver) and an empty trunk, going to Costco,
    but I can't imagine going on a family trip with four adults and a trunk full of luggage, trying to maintain speed on the freeway on an incline. That little lawnmower engine will be screaming it's heart out.
    If you took the time to look how that powertrain does in the Civic you'd see it's the best performing compact in its class. I'm pretty sure a few hundred extra pounds of curb weight are not going to turn it into a dog.

  2. #17
    Registered Member

    2014 CX-5 GT

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Lansdale, PA
    Posts
    730
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzman12 View Post
    I wouldn't get too excited about the new Accord. They dropped the Coupe and the V6. The standard engine will be the 1.5T mated to the CVT.
    It might be OK with one occupant (driver) and an empty trunk, going to Costco,
    but I can't imagine going on a family trip with four adults and a trunk full of luggage, trying to maintain speed on the freeway on an incline. That little lawnmower engine will be screaming it's heart out.

    Nah, the Honda 1.5T is a great engine and their CVT is very good, almost un-noticable. The system works great in both the civic and the CR-V and should pose no problem in the accord. I bet the 2.0T will be as good, if not better than the V6 it is replacing.

  3. #18
    BMW & Mazda Enthusiast

    2011 BMW 528i & 2015 Mazda 6

    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    1,093
    Quote Originally Posted by dougal View Post
    Nah, the Honda 1.5T is a great engine and their CVT is very good, almost un-noticable. The system works great in both the civic and the CR-V and should pose no problem in the accord. I bet the 2.0T will be as good, if not better than the V6 it is replacing.
    Both drivetrain options are perfectly good.

    The 2.0T will have more torque which is exactly what the v6 was lacking.

  4. #19
    Registered Member

    2017 Mazda CX-5 GS AWD, 2017 Honda Pilot EX

    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    103
    Quote Originally Posted by dougal View Post
    Nah, the Honda 1.5T is a great engine and their CVT is very good, almost un-noticable. The system works great in both the civic and the CR-V and should pose no problem in the accord. I bet the 2.0T will be as good, if not better than the V6 it is replacing.
    My dad has a 2016 Accord with the CVT. Had several times where it lost its mind when putting it in gear/reverse. Not a fun thing when it decides it doesn't want to work when backing onto a busy road. Programming has been updated several times and it still happens from time to time. He loves the car, except for that.

  5. #20
    BMW & Mazda Enthusiast

    2011 BMW 528i & 2015 Mazda 6

    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    1,093
    Quote Originally Posted by MrPerception View Post
    My dad has a 2016 Accord with the CVT. Had several times where it lost its mind when putting it in gear/reverse. Not a fun thing when it decides it doesn't want to work when backing onto a busy road. Programming has been updated several times and it still happens from time to time. He loves the car, except for that.
    That is precisely why we went for the Mazda. The transmission has been trouble free. It's actually a very good unit. The gearing is good, rev matched downshifts are fabulous, smooth and quick upshifts, very responsive....

    The transmission works great and is calibrated well for the mid range torque of this car, but that makes the gearing way too long for full throttle pulls. Its a great unit though.

  6. #21
    Registered Member

    Mazda CX5 Touring

    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    California
    Posts
    183
    I've never driven the 6, or even sat in the driver's seat but I got a chance to in the new Camry. I'm kind of long on the torso, but only 6' tall, and my head was firmly placed in the roof. It had the panoramic roof so that may have contributed to it but there's no way a big guy is going to fit without some serious contortion and declination in the seat. I think I could probably do it but I'd have to want that car a lot more than I do. It's a pretty tiny cabin too, or at least it felt tiny to me. I would call it comfortable for the little bit of time I sat in it.

    Unless there's some significant difference when they don't have the panoramic roof guys built like me are going to have to look elsewhere.

  7. #22
    BMW & Mazda Enthusiast

    2011 BMW 528i & 2015 Mazda 6

    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    1,093
    Quote Originally Posted by dyingquail View Post
    I've never driven the 6, or even sat in the driver's seat but I got a chance to in the new Camry. I'm kind of long on the torso, but only 6' tall, and my head was firmly placed in the roof. It had the panoramic roof so that may have contributed to it but there's no way a big guy is going to fit without some serious contortion and declination in the seat. I think I could probably do it but I'd have to want that car a lot more than I do. It's a pretty tiny cabin too, or at least it felt tiny to me. I would call it comfortable for the little bit of time I sat in it.

    Unless there's some significant difference when they don't have the panoramic roof guys built like me are going to have to look elsewhere.
    Are you sure the seat was lowered? I'm 6'3 but i fit in just about any car if the seat is to the floor. I fit in the Mazda 6 comfortably, but the manual seat adjustment is better then the electric one because you can go even lower.

  8. #23
    Registered Member

    Mazda CX5 Touring

    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    California
    Posts
    183
    Quote Originally Posted by GJ-Molestor View Post
    Are you sure the seat was lowered? I'm 6'3 but i fit in just about any car if the seat is to the floor. I fit in the Mazda 6 comfortably, but the manual seat adjustment is better then the electric one because you can go even lower.
    Um, push the height button in the down direction until it don't go no more? You might be right about the manual, I don't know.

    People never believe I have this problem on the internet. It was the same thing with the Accord Hybrid but it was better there. Still couldn't buy it with a moonroof though. The 6 is actually 38.4" with the moonroof so that would probably be enough, just barely.

    The Camry only has 37.5" with the moonroof. There's no chance it could work.

  9. #24
    Registered Member

    Nissan Altima 2006

    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    94
    Well, I took a look at the new Camry today. Did not test drive it though.
    A few thoughts: I'm 6'3", and my head grazed the roof in the showroom car (it had a moonroof).
    On the plus side, I sat in the back, and there was a surprising amount of leg and even headroom.
    On the down side, I just couldn't get past the front end, or the curvy interior.
    I think Toyota went a bit too far with the redesign.
    I brought home a pamphlet to show my wife, and she just looked at the cover with the picture of the front of the car on it,
    and said she wouldn't be caught dead driving a car that looked like that.
    End of discussion.

  10. #25
    BMW & Mazda Enthusiast

    2011 BMW 528i & 2015 Mazda 6

    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    1,093
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzman12 View Post
    Well, I took a look at the new Camry today. Did not test drive it though.
    A few thoughts: I'm 6'3", and my head grazed the roof in the showroom car (it had a moonroof).
    On the plus side, I sat in the back, and there was a surprising amount of leg and even headroom.
    On the down side, I just couldn't get past the front end, or the curvy interior.
    I think Toyota went a bit too far with the redesign.
    I brought home a pamphlet to show my wife, and she just looked at the cover with the picture of the front of the car on it,
    and said she wouldn't be caught dead driving a car that looked like that.
    End of discussion.
    Lol, I couldn’t agree with you more. The redesign is truly hideous and I’m not a fan of the new accord either. I look forward to see the release of the new Mazda 6 especially with the awesome new engine tech they’ve introduced.

  11. #26
    BMW & Mazda Enthusiast

    2011 BMW 528i & 2015 Mazda 6

    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    1,093
    i saw the new camry, not a bad design in person at all. hated it in pics, thought it looked good in person.

    I will admit that for the relatively healthy output of 200hp from the 4 cyl, it is slow.

  12. #27
    Swollen Member Natey's Avatar
    Donated: $20

    '93 RX-7, '91 RX7, '03.5 MSP, '02 P5, '01 Miata, '99 Miata etc

    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Pleasure Point, California
    Posts
    6,219
    Looks like an oversized Corolla which sucks, IMO.

    For a company that makes the best engines in Japan, they really have some ugly, weird cars lately. The Fit or a truck/SUV is about the only Toyota that appeals to me. Honda is doing it too. I'm sure you guys have seen the Civic TypeR? Geez, what a monstrosity.
    NPOT (Norcal Protege Options Team)
    .
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/335883...photo-gallery/

  13. #28
    BMW & Mazda Enthusiast

    2011 BMW 528i & 2015 Mazda 6

    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    1,093
    Quote Originally Posted by Natey View Post
    Looks like an oversized Corolla which sucks, IMO.

    For a company that makes the best engines in Japan, they really have some ugly, weird cars lately. The Fit or a truck/SUV is about the only Toyota that appeals to me. Honda is doing it too. I'm sure you guys have seen the Civic TypeR? Geez, what a monstrosity.
    the new civic type R actually looks quite good in person. it handles amazing, so ill let its childish boy racer looks slide.

    toyota is not the best engine maker in japan. Mazda is with their skyactiv-x motor design, and even before the HCCI came out I would still give mazda that honour based on their skyactiv G 2.5L and sequential turbo 2.2 diesel alone. excellent motors, and toyota already builds good engines to begin with.

    I saw some sort of sport camry in person with black paint and red leather and it was very,very nice for an "economy" car.

  14. #29
    Swollen Member Natey's Avatar
    Donated: $20

    '93 RX-7, '91 RX7, '03.5 MSP, '02 P5, '01 Miata, '99 Miata etc

    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Pleasure Point, California
    Posts
    6,219
    2JZ enough said.

    I know you love Mazda, but there's no denying.

    and screw that Civic transformer contraption.
    Last edited by Natey; 10-11-2017 at 02:04 PM.
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

  15. #30
    BMW & Mazda Enthusiast

    2011 BMW 528i & 2015 Mazda 6

    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    1,093
    Quote Originally Posted by Natey View Post
    2JZ enough said.

    I know you love Mazda, but there's no denying.

    and screw that Civic transformer contraption.
    the 2jz is extremely heavy and a piece of garbage unless it is turboed. great engine for a 1990's design or for people that want 800hp, which is less then 1% if the population. I still think that mazdas average, mainstream motors beat out toyotas especially now that toyota is partnering with mazda to use their engine tech...

    the civic type r is very fast around a track and handles great. try driving one an looking at it in person, you will love it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. 2018 MPG - FWD and AWD Models
    By Triton46 in forum CX-5 Lounge
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 05-03-2017, 02:22 AM
  2. 2018 Mazda CX-5 vs 2018 Chevy Equinox
    By buckbumble in forum CX-5 Lounge
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 04-18-2017, 05:49 PM
  3. VW Atlas 2018 said to challenge CX9
    By backlog in forum CX-9 Lounge
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 11-16-2016, 10:16 AM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-31-2006, 09:22 AM
  5. Mazda6 vs Camry
    By fkmp5 in forum Mazda6 Lounge
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 09-14-2003, 11:12 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •