Scheduled maintenance warning came on early?

vessel

:
2016.5 CX-5 GT AWD w/i-ActiveSense
Everything I see says the first scheduled maintenance is at 5000 miles. My CX-5 is telling me it needs scheduled maintenance, it started doing it around 3000 miles. Anyone know why it would come on this early?

Go to settings in the inform console it should let u change from 3000 to 5000 to 7500

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

My light came on about 3000 for tire rotation. You can change the mileage on settings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Everything I see says the first scheduled maintenance is at 5000 miles. My CX-5 is telling me it needs scheduled maintenance, it started doing it around 3000 miles. Anyone know why it would come on this early?

Just means it was set early. Just follow onlyricko's instructions

It may not be early. If you're seeing general "Maintenance" warning, not "Oil Change Due", your Maintenance Monitor settings under "Scheduled" can be still from factory which is 5,000 miles or 4 months whichever comes first. The same on "Oil Change" schedule. You have had your CX-5 close to 4 months, and the reminder warning is on. Everybody should set "Oil Change" maintenance schedule to "Flexible". Maintenance and oil changes are not only mileage related, but also time related. Flexible oil change schedule has up to 12 months or 10,000 miles interval whichever comes first of course the "Oil change due" warning normally should come earlier than that.

If I were you, I'll wait until at least to 5,000 miles on odometer and make the first oil change.

It may not be early. If you're seeing general "Maintenance" warning, not "Oil Change Due", your Maintenance Monitor settings under "Scheduled" can be still from factory which is 5,000 miles or 4 months whichever comes first. The same on "Oil Change" schedule. You have had your CX-5 close to 4 months, and the reminder warning is on. Everybody should set "Oil Change" maintenance schedule to "Flexible". Maintenance and oil changes are not only mileage related, but also time related. Flexible oil change schedule has up to 12 months or 10,000 miles interval whichever comes first of course the "Oil change due" warning normally should come earlier than that.

If I were you, I'll wait until at least to 5,000 miles on odometer and make the first oil change.

Unless to get 5000 miles is longer than the scheduled monthly interval.

It does bloody get to me when somebody asks a question then disappears off the face of the earth.

If it's diesel it could be nothing to do with the settings but I guess we'll have to wait. Obviously a low priority!

If they are so worried, they should just pop in and in a few minutes they will be told if it is serious or not.

It's not a diesel. Sorry for the delay in getting back here, I've not had a chance until now. I've had my CX-5 for less than 4 months. I put it on flexible the day I got it. I'll poke around in the settings and see what I can figure out. The warning definitely says scheduled maintenance and not oil change.

It's not a diesel. Sorry for the delay in getting back here, I've not had a chance until now. I've had my CX-5 for less than 4 months. I put it on flexible the day I got it. I'll poke around in the settings and see what I can figure out. The warning definitely says scheduled maintenance and not oil change.

Just duck in to the dealership to see what they can quickly say

Flexible doesn't suite all driving styles. I'd set it fixed at the scheduled mileage.

Since I don't do enough kms each year and my guess the CX-5 will be the same, I will go timing period rather than kms

FYI - over here it's base scheduled maintenance is due every 10,000 km, but no longer than 12 months, whichever comes first.

Like I said in my first post, your reminder is triggered by time in "Scheduled" maintenance interval which is 5,000 miles or 4 months whichever comes first from factory. This fixed "Scheduled" maintenance interval is used for other maintenance items but not for oil change. I just set it to 7,500 miles and 6 months in sync with "Flexible" OCI resetting and use it for comparison purpose. I ignore and reset it when it comes up but it wouldn't happen as I change my oil before 7,500 miles and the oil life in "Flexible" OCI dropped to 35%.

Flexible doesn't suite all driving styles. I'd set it fixed at the scheduled mileage.
Set "Oil Change" to "Flexible" to turn on the oil life monitor, and you still can use "Scheduled" for fixed oil change remainder. We can change oil earlier if we want to even if we use "Flexible". But it's good for warranty issue if some people drive less like Xeler8ing. I believe we don't need change oil every 6 months at 2,500 miles if you only drive that much. Flexible OCI gives you up to 10,000 miles (7,500 miles for 2017) or 12 months and it won't void your powertrain warranty.

Also worthy to note, some countries don't have the option for flexible schedule. Here in Canada we only have fixed time. I believe it's because we're considered a harsh environment :)

Latest posts

Back