Dropping weight!

Metric System

Ugh. Why does every other country use Metric :(
Because its better (wink)
Metric system is indeed easier and better, especially in the science area! United States, Myanmar (Burma) and Liberia are the only countries which have not officially adopted the metric system.

I still remember Shell gas stations were using "Liter" instead "Gallon" on thier pump, and the highway signs had "Km" listed along with "Miles" for distance during 70's and 80's. US government did put some effort for metrication during that period with the Congress passed the Metric Conversion Act of 1975 to coordinate and plan the increasing use of the metric system in the US and the United States Metric Board (USMB) was established for planning, coordination, and public education. Unfortunately that didn't last too long and USMB was disbanded in 1982.

Here is 1980's Road Map we'd frequently seen at the time mentioning an impending change to the metric system from Wikipedia:

Metric_is_coming.jpg

i'm doing a low carb diet. kind of a lazy keto. I went from 200lbs to 170 in 2 months. I also do 0 exercise because I work so much.

Thread update:

I wanted to see what I could achieve with 6 weeks of balls to the wall training and diet. I worked out 6 days a week on average, varying between circuit training, strength training, and cardio. I was very strict on my diet, following my dietitian to the LETTER on it. I began at 197# wearing socks, underoos, gym shorts, and a light T-shirt. I finished at 189#. My initial body fat % was 17. My ending, 12%. The same person did the caliper and tape measurements initially, and in the end. These are the numbers:

6/19/17 Body Weight:197 LBM: 163.51 Fat Mass: 33.49 Body Fat %:17 Bicep (relaxed at side):13.25 Shoulders (around): 49.5 Chest (relaxed, arms held away from sides like a lat-raise): 40.25 Waist (fattest part, not "tailor's):37.25 Hips:43.5 Quad (relaxed):23.75
7/31/17 Body Weight:189 LBM: 166.32 Fat Mass: 22.68 Body Fat %:12 Bicep (relaxed at side):13.25 Shoulders (around): 47.5 Chest (relaxed, arms held away from sides like a lat-raise): 38.5 Waist (fattest part, not "tailor's):35 Hips:41 Quad (relaxed): 23.75

I am pleased with a 5% body-fat drop and 2.2# lean body mass gain for 6 weeks!

Next stop, single-digits!

Thread update:

I wanted to see what I could achieve with 6 weeks of balls to the wall training and diet. I worked out 6 days a week on average, varying between circuit training, strength training, and cardio. I was very strict on my diet, following my dietitian to the LETTER on it. I began at 197# wearing socks, underoos, gym shorts, and a light T-shirt. I finished at 189#. My initial body fat % was 17. My ending, 12%. The same person did the caliper and tape measurements initially, and in the end. These are the numbers:

6/19/17 Body Weight:197 LBM: 163.51 Fat Mass: 33.49 Body Fat %:17 Bicep (relaxed at side):13.25 Shoulders (around): 49.5 Chest (relaxed, arms held away from sides like a lat-raise): 40.25 Waist (fattest part, not "tailor's):37.25 Hips:43.5 Quad (relaxed):23.75
7/31/17 Body Weight:189 LBM: 166.32 Fat Mass: 22.68 Body Fat %:12 Bicep (relaxed at side):13.25 Shoulders (around): 47.5 Chest (relaxed, arms held away from sides like a lat-raise): 38.5 Waist (fattest part, not "tailor's):35 Hips:41 Quad (relaxed): 23.75

I am pleased with a 5% body-fat drop and 2.2# lean body mass gain for 6 weeks!

Next stop, single-digits!

Well done and keep up the good work :D

I'm now up to 30lbs of weight loss myself.

So by the time I get my CX-5 (when/after I have sold my current 6!), I hope to have lost another 9lbs :)

You're welcome.

Indeed. Some countries use "better" math, and some countries put people on the moon. I digress.

I believe that the German rocket scientists and engineers who were instrumental to the US space program indeed used the metric system. But I digress.

You're welcome.

Indeed. Some countries use "better" math, and some countries put people on the moon. I digress.

Seriously? I can't believe that you said that. I doubt that there are ANY scientists in the entire world who do not use the metric system. The only reason that the US doesn't use it is mainly because 'we' are too stupid.

Seriously? I can't believe that you said that. I doubt that there are ANY scientists in the entire world who do not use the metric system. The only reason that the US doesn't use it is mainly because 'we' are too stupid.

Bro...base 10 makes my work so much easier and it's all I use professionally...noone got sarcasm :(

I'm now up to 30lbs of weight loss myself.

So by the time I get my CX-5 (when/after I have sold my current 6!), I hope to have lost another 9lbs :)

Now lost 33lbs.

If I can now only "lose" my Mazda 6 (private sell is being painfully slow) then my upcoming new CX-5 will like not having to lug around a heavy person than originally intended/planned! (lol)

Back