Dropping weight!

:
RDX Aspec Adv.
People are saying that the 90# or so gain with the CX5 is costing 1/2 second in the 0-60...so I am personally going to drop about 15# of body-weight. This should shave 0.2 or so off my 0-60.

Anyway, just another one of those random threads. Anyone else struggling with the oink and doing something about it?

Currently 197# at 5'10.75". I think I can go to 180-185 or so, but certainly not lighter than that. This should provide the same benefit as a cold-air intake.

People are saying that the 90# or so gain with the CX5 is costing 1/2 second in the 0-60...so I am personally going to drop about 15# of body-weight. This should shave 0.2 or so off my 0-60.

Anyway, just another one of those random threads. Anyone else struggling with the oink and doing something about it?

Currently 197# at 5'10.75". I think I can go to 180-185 or so, but certainly not lighter than that. This should provide the same benefit as a cold-air intake.

It makes sense if you would really get to measure your 0-60 before and after. Hehe!

On a serious note, my "lighter" and "shorter" friends always get to win in our carting games so you have a point.

And I like your inspiration.

[emoji16]

Sent from my ASUS_Z012D using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Not sure if you're serious or not but if you are I can offer some advice! :)

give me.
I am almost as tall as Uno but 10 lbs heavier. All fat.

If you want to lose the weight and keep it off, you'll need to change your habits for the long term - not just long enough to get the weight off and then go back.

My first suggestion would be doing a food journal. Honestly write down every single thing that goes into your mouth. Buy a food scale, weigh everything you eat/cook/etc. Most people have no idea what a serving is.

I recommend using an app called MyFitnessPal to log what you eat. Once you have a baseline of how much you eat, you can look at an energy deficit (i.e. eating less than your body NEEDS). If you're in a surplus, you'll gain weight. If you're in a deficit, you'll lose weight.

Nutrition is 90%, exercise is 10%. Let me know if you have any questions. I got into fitness and nutrition 5 or 6 years ago and it changed my life.

If you want to lose the weight and keep it off, you'll need to change your habits for the long term - not just long enough to get the weight off and then go back.

My first suggestion would be doing a food journal. Honestly write down every single thing that goes into your mouth. Buy a food scale, weigh everything you eat/cook/etc. Most people have no idea what a serving is.

I recommend using an app called MyFitnessPal to log what you eat. Once you have a baseline of how much you eat, you can look at an energy deficit (i.e. eating less than your body NEEDS). If you're in a surplus, you'll gain weight. If you're in a deficit, you'll lose weight.

Nutrition is 90%, exercise is 10%. Let me know if you have any questions. I got into fitness and nutrition 5 or 6 years ago and it changed my life.

90 - 10 split is something I have never heard before. But hey I will note this.
Wifey is already feeding me Quinoa, Beans, Pulses and Soy beans. Lacto-Ovo-Vegetarian here.
Thank you.

I did the keto thing for a while (low carb). Worked well, lost 30 lbs. in about 6 months (this was back in 2014). Since stopping have regained that 30 and added 20. LOL! It just wasn't sustainable for me.

I decided a more sensible approach is everything in moderation and calorie intake monitored. I still avoid sugar/carbs when possible, but I'm not fanatic about it anymore. If it happens it happens.

Edit: My stats: 6' - 220lbs. One pack with 100% body fat. (rofl)

Last edited:
Wifey is already feeding me Quinoa, Beans, Pulses and Soy beans. Lacto-Ovo-Vegetarian here.
Thank you.

The easiest thing for me was cutting out pop (aka soda, we're weird in Canada ;) ), juice, pastries, excessive booze, etc. and other sugary things. Once you look back on a food journal you'll realize where it's easy to cut back most effectively.

I can't offer any advice on a veggie diet, I definitely wouldn't be able to stick to it.

Here's a (simplified example) for the reason that I give that 90/10 split with respect to weight. 30 minutes on the treadmill might work off 300-400 calories but it's much simpler to not eat those in the first place. For people who are severely overweight, a ton of high impact cardio may wreak havoc on their joints so something like swimming, cycling or elliptical would be a better choice than running or walking.

I did the keto thing for a while (low carb). Worked well, lost 30 lbs. in about 6 months (this was back in 2014). Since stopping have regained that 30 and added 20. LOL! It just wasn't sustainable for me.

I decided a more sensible approach is everything in moderation and calorie intake monitored. I still avoid sugar/carbs when possible, but I'm not fanatic about it anymore. If it happens it happens.

Edit: My stats: 6' - 220lbs. One pack with 100% body fat. (rofl)

I also tend to go low carb when I trim back but not to the extent of Keto. Everyone is a little bit different and will need to experiment to see what works best for them. I go crazy if I cut out too much fat and keep the carbs high.

The best solution is something that you can stick to, even if it's not the most 100% ideal routine. Something that does 80% of the job that you can stick to is much better than 100% that you can't maintain. I try to stick by that for most things, especially fitness and nutrition.

I don't weigh everything anymore but will still use the food scale to portion out food occasionally if I'm batch cooking for the week. I've gotten to the point where I can eyeball things and be reasonably close. I follow intuitive eating now, checking progress with the mirror (and scale occasionally). It's helped with being less obsessive about it so I can live fairly normally.

Edit: I'm 5'11, 180-ish lb now. Started the year around 205-210 lb after a full year bulk in 2016 which was obviously taken to the excess. Put on lots of good weight but even more unnecessary flab. The year long pizza party was fun but definitely not sustainable. My goal is to fit into an older suit (for a wedding in July) from when I was mostly skin and bone. I think I'm pretty close, will try it on in a week or 2.

I got started on the whole thing when I was in university and wanted something to do on a work term. ~160 lb. Now it's a lifestyle and I look forward to hitting the gym.

Last edited:
There is always the option of putting a helium balloon in the back seat. Not sure how big it would need to be to off set the weight gain.

Not sure if you're serious or not but if you are I can offer some advice! :)

About hitting single digit body fat, or about making my CX5 faster? The latter doesn't interest me. Getting back to sub 12% does. Currently porked out at 17%. Doing a relatively aggressive diet. 200g protein, 90g fat, unlimited low-carb veggies (broccoli, squash, etc) per day, split into 4 meals, and on the 3rd day after training, carbload/feeding, then back to the other, alternatively, coupled with lower weight higher rep workouts. On saturday and sundays, I lift heavy doing Wendler 5/3/1 for squats/deads/frontsquats, and then chest day Sunday. Am hoping to maintain as much muscle mass as possible while shredding down to around 12% in the next 6 weeks, and then slowly drift down to 10% with more relaxed eating habits and heavier weight/lower rep training.

Agreed! Have one, use it.

My BMR is around 2000kcal.

Nutrition is 90%, exercise is 10%. Let me know if you have any questions. I got into fitness and nutrition 5 or 6 years ago and it changed my life.Agreed.

Snapshot of my diet guidelines. I plan each meal, and only eat 4. I don't bother recording it, I just NAIL the macros each meal and forget about it.
24o7iog.jpg

For years I rolled around on 10-12% at 175#. I wanted to add some mass, and strength, and bulked. Last time I really maxed things, I was benching 285, squatting 405, and deadlifting 385 without any real strain (I don't like going heavy on DL), and weighin in at 199#. My goal is to drop to 180-185# and be at 10-12% bodyfat. I have found that maintaining that is pretty easy, but anything below 10% is a real PITA and results in "man, I can't go out to eat with you guys..". Not that I ever really do go out to eat, but I'd like to...if I wanted to!

Thank you.

It's honest and legit. No way in hell you're going to out-work a bad diet unless you're a pro athlete. How long you spend in the gym? You spend less time than a burger and fries and drink combo equals, I PROMISE YOU!

Back