Dropping weight!

People are saying that the 90# or so gain with the CX5 is costing 1/2 second in the 0-60...so I am personally going to drop about 15# of body-weight. This should shave 0.2 or so off my 0-60.

Anyway, just another one of those random threads. Anyone else struggling with the oink and doing something about it?

Currently 197# at 5'10.75". I think I can go to 180-185 or so, but certainly not lighter than that. This should provide the same benefit as a cold-air intake.

Since I've lost 20# so far this year, I should already be at that performance improvement level (yippy)

About hitting single digit body fat, or about making my CX5 faster? The latter doesn't interest me. Getting back to sub 12% does. Currently porked out at 17%. Doing a relatively aggressive diet. 200g protein, 90g fat, unlimited low-carb veggies (broccoli, squash, etc) per day, split into 4 meals, and on the 3rd day after training, carbload/feeding, then back to the other, alternatively, coupled with lower weight higher rep workouts. On saturday and sundays, I lift heavy doing Wendler 5/3/1 for squats/deads/frontsquats, and then chest day Sunday. Am hoping to maintain as much muscle mass as possible while shredding down to around 12% in the next 6 weeks, and then slowly drift down to 10% with more relaxed eating habits and heavier weight/lower rep training.

Yeah that's definitely aggressive, similar to how I started out this year. You may struggle to tack on weight on those heavier days at the end if you keep that deficit up. Sounds like your story is similar to mine in how you packed on some extra weight in 2016.

BMR or TDEE is 2000 kcal? The weight must just be flying off you right now, my TDEE is around 2500-2700 kcal w/ 3-4 days/week in the gym, 1-2 days/week playing slo-pitch (I get stuck in left field so generally run my ass off). Gym is typically ~25 min cardio for a hard sweat (~10 min on stairmaster on a pyramid, ~15 min on treadmill doing uphill walk @ 3.5 mph) and then weights for an hour to an hour/half. I do PPL. Still losing roughly 1-1.5 lb/week which would put me around 500-750 kcal/d deficit overall. I like to go a little more aggressively and then go out for dinner on Friday/Saturday with friends and not worry about a couple of beers and tacos or a sandwich. Trips back to my parents' place kill me because they keep so much junk food in the house plus my mom force feeds me whatever haha.

Keep it up!

Yeah that's definitely aggressive, similar to how I started out this year. You may struggle to tack on weight on those heavier days at the end if you keep that deficit up. Sounds like your story is similar to mine in how you packed on some extra weight in 2016.

BMR or TDEE is 2000 kcal? The weight must just be flying off you right now, my TDEE is around 2500-2700 kcal w/ 3-4 days/week in the gym, 1-2 days/week playing slo-pitch (I get stuck in left field so generally run my ass off). Gym is typically ~25 min cardio for a hard sweat (~10 min on stairmaster on a pyramid, ~15 min on treadmill doing uphill walk @ 3.5 mph) and then weights for an hour to an hour/half. I do PPL. Still losing roughly 1-1.5 lb/week which would put me around 500-750 kcal/d deficit overall. I like to go a little more aggressively and then go out for dinner on Friday/Saturday with friends and not worry about a couple of beers and tacos or a sandwich. Trips back to my parents' place kill me because they keep so much junk food in the house plus my mom force feeds me whatever haha.

Keep it up!

I have no clue how many calories I am eating. To me, this knowledge and stuff is a tool. yes, I am fully capable of plugging those macros in and seeing my caloric intake. But why? What does it do? Nada. I just do my macros, workout, sleep, drink lots of water, and we will see what happens. I do know my BMR is around 2000, based on a bunch of testing at the university I went to when I was in college. Tons of high dollar equipment. Hydro tank, etc. This was years ago, but my lean body mass is greater, so I adjusted up by like 100kcal from back then.

I have only been doing this for a whopping 2 days, lol, but so far am happy with it (doesn't matter, 2 days is nothing, not even a full evolution of the dietary plan as you can see). I am doing a "boot camp" type thing (which I affectionately have dubbed "fat camp"). Their nutritionist is keeping me in line. Bro, I have even thrown out my ketchup and bought "reduced sugar ketchup". I am going all out with this.

I wanna go FAST! Like...2 cold air intakes fast!

In my non-expert opinion, but based on my own experiences, the best way to take off weight is diet, including knowing the amount of calories you're taking in, plus working out. But diet is most of the issue.

Five years ago I quit drinking and made a pledge to get into good shape. I was already fairly thin, but I tracked everything I ate and all the activities I did to get in the habit of a better diet. I used an app on my phone, entered a target weight and tracked all my food and exercise. When it came time for dinner, I looked for areas of nutrition it stated I was lacking and made something that incorporated those nutritional items. It's a bit of a pain, but these apps with all the people around the world using them make it much easier. You'd be very surprised to find the calories or sodium or sugars in a lot of foods we "deem" as healthy. (and by the way, cutting out or cutting back on the booze will go a long way in helping ;))

After a few months of doing this pretty faithfully, I got into an eating habit, along with regular gym working out and other athletic things I do/did. At 45, I was in the best shape of my life. 5'10, 160, and cut, according to all the women that saw me without a shirt on. I've slagged a bit, and am considering doing this program again to get back to where I was.

I just eat whatever.. I generally don't eat a lot of junk food and I cook at home often (which tend to be the same things).. that + athletic things keeps me around 145-150.

Calorie counting while keeping active lifestyle worked for me. dropped 6lbs in 2 weeks. I'm 5'7" and went from 148 to 140ish by the end.
It's NOT easy.

I've been a scrawny 135-140 lbs since HS (over 20 years ago). Try to keep my diet decent though. Very little processed foods, and what not. Real butter and whole milk for me.

My main struggle is that I want to keep my muscle mass while losing fat mass. It's a PITA to balance that. Getting bulked is cake, getting skinny is cake. Being heavy AND cut is a b****.

Saturday and Sunday are my heavy days in the gym (not bootcamp structured, but Wendler 5/3/1). Legs, and chest.

Today was legs.

I have lost about 5# so far, and my leg day was rough, but I still hit my numbers.
Backsquat:
275x5
305x3
345x2

Deadlift:
Same

Front Squat:
225x5
255x5
285x1

Pretty pleased with 5# weight loss and stasis on the lifts.

Calorie counting while keeping active lifestyle worked for me. dropped 6lbs in 2 weeks. I'm 5'7" and went from 148 to 140ish by the end.
It's NOT easy.

It's actually proving to be easy AF. The only battle is the willpower, and I've never had an issue. It's also proving to be relatively cheap!

Lost another 0.5kg this past week

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

You're welcome.

Indeed. Some countries use "better" math, and some countries put people on the moon. I digress.

Ahh some great stuff on this website. Just in time for the 4th too. https://www.aafnation.com

finders-keepers-men_s_tees--black_grande.png

Back