Dropping weight!

Now lost 33lbs.

If I can now only "lose" my Mazda 6 (private sell is being painfully slow) then my upcoming new CX-5 will like not having to lug around a heavy person than originally intended/planned! (lol)

Congrats! I keep losing inches on my waist but no more weight, still 190-193.

Thank you :D

Give it time, you will notice your weight will start to drop again

I'm unsure. I seem to be building mass while cutting, and it's just swapping out. I'm fine with that, though. Shooting for single-digit body fat by the end of this month. Will see.

Latest count - dropped total of 44lbs and if my new CX-5 could talk, it would thank me for not being my previous heavier self :)

Why anyone would mod their Cx5 to shave off 0.2 seconds of time from a 0-60 is beyond me. Its a cuv....are you taking this thing on the track?

Why anyone would mod their Cx5 to shave off 0.2 seconds of time from a 0-60 is beyond me. It’s a cuv....are you taking this thing on the track?

Some people have yes. Also have you ever been to a track event? If you do, you'll see a large variety.

We need to do the opposite: gain weight, and also not for the driver, but passenger. Passenger side airbag is constantly disabled due to wife not being heavy enough (at least we thought), hence wrongly classified as a "child" not fit for airbags. But it didn't help after she gained some weight + started putting on thicker clothes. Then I found out from owner's manual that it's not a weight sensor, but some sort of "electrostatic capacity" sensor, that the CX-5 uses to classify passenger. Still a mystery, problem still unresolved. Ironically we replaced our previous car with a CX-5 for its safety features.

We need to do the opposite: gain weight, and also not for the driver, but passenger. Passenger side airbag is constantly disabled due to wife not being heavy enough (at least we thought), hence wrongly classified as a "child" not fit for airbags. But it didn't help after she gained some weight + started putting on thicker clothes. Then I found out from owner's manual that it's not a weight sensor, but some sort of "electrostatic capacity" sensor, that the CX-5 uses to classify passenger. Still a mystery, problem still unresolved. Ironically we replaced our previous car with a CX-5 for its safety features.

Have you contacted Mazda (uhm)

My gf weighs 118 and she hasn't had this issue in my cx5. Some of the cargo I put in the seat has been heavy enough even. I'm betting this is a failure of the vehicle that is aberrant.

Technology might have changed from previous generation to this new generation

Have you contacted Mazda (uhm)

Yes I did, but not to complain, as the owner's manual clearly describes the conditions where the airbag would be disabled to protect young passengers. So it's a feature rather than defect. I was just hoping they could reprogram the threshold internally to be more lenient to petite sized adults. But they said it cannot be altered.

They however corrected me saying the sensor is looking for weight, but rather "electrostatic capacity" whatever that means:

from owner's manual:
Front Passenger Occupant Classification Sensor
"This sensor measures the electrostatic capacity of the front passenger's seat."

Here's how my weight has gone since 2004. I am 6' tall

2004 - 190
2005 - 300
2006 - 270
2010 - 300
2014 - 390
2016 - 330
2018 - 380

I'm in a constant battle. I do well for a while, then fall off the wagon for a while. I can drop 60lbs in 6 months when I try. I can also gain that 60lbs back in 3 months without much thought.

I'm always under 140 pounds, 136.8 at present. But I'm only 5'4" (couch)

I'm now just below 175lbs and 6'2". Last year I started just over 215lbs and few years earlier was just over 240lbs.

Back