To TINT or not to TINT?

211d29f96a89f43e023f4406ce152c1c.jpg

Front windows tinted, matching back windows

Looks great. Your paint colour looks really nice and I love those rims.

I would remove that front plate frame to clean up the look of your car since you dont need front plates as far as I can tell.

Looks great. Your paint colour looks really nice and I love those rims.

I would remove that front plate frame to clean up the look of your car since you don’t need front plates as far as I can tell.

Thanks!
Front plate is required in WA, where I live. Picture was taken a week after we bought it, so no plates yet

What is everyone on here being charged to have the front windows tinted to match the rest of the car? I bought a 17 GT and want mine done, the machine grey with tint as shown above like I have looks awesome when done.

What is everyone on here being charged to have the front windows tinted to match the rest of the car? I bought a 17 GT and want mine done, the machine grey with tint as shown above like I have looks awesome when done.

going rate is like $75 to $100 for tinting just front and passenger windows

but in all honesty, you can do it yourself, it's really not that hard, tons of youtube videos on it.......

just need like 5 drops of Johnson and Johnson baby shampoo diluted with distilled water and lasered pre-cut 2016 CX-9 tints from eBay (like $12 to $14 shipped)

and some cheap tinting tools like the Chizzler and the Conquerer, search on ebay.....

sorry, but I don't think your car is legal if you have tint over OEM front windows..., NYC requires 70% light transmission which is basically OEM tint, anything over that will reduce it below 70% and would be considered illegal, I see NYPD stopping people left and right now for tint, next year you won't be able to pass inspection, it's part of the inspection process now.....just giving you a heads up..... only way your front is legal with tint is if the additional tint you put on is like clear saran wrap. If you take a light transmission meter to the front CX-5 windows, it'll read close to 70%. Trust me, I know all this because I failed inspection and had to peel off the tint...... notice all the tint removal signs everywhere now, also a lot of tint shops are closing because of the new law...

There's no way it will pass if tested. The place i had it done, will roll any costs of removal into reapplication. I don't even know if I will pass if I just put UV film on the front. I have it on the windows of my house, and it does make the windows slightly darker. If we're already at 70%, I'd be screwed. Oh wait, I'm in NY, I'm getting screwed anyway.

All of my cars in the last 20 years have been tinted. Anywhere from 20-35%. Never received a ticket. Cops around here don't seem to care unless it's really dark.

I'm in NY state, if I get limo tints for my rear windows only (5 total), will that pass inspection?

I'm in NY state, if I get limo tints for my rear windows only (5 total), will that pass inspection?

you'll be ok, SUV's are exempt and rear windows can be tinted, 5% is really dark though, it'll be very hard to see anything at night.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Snap132.jpg
    Snap132.jpg
    180.2 KB · Views: 1,316
thanks @astriuminc. Does anyone in the greater NYC area recommend a good place to get tints?

Back