BSM question

:
2021 GT Sol Red
Just got my 2017 GT, and noticed something different about the BSM. On my previous 2 GT's, the BSM indicated when a car was approaching from behind on either side as well as when I overtake a car, the BSM illuminates and goes off when I am clear of the other vehicle - great for when you are passing cars.

On the 2017, I notice that BSM only gives indications when vehicles approach you from behind on either side, like before. However, when you are passing a vehicle, it never indicates their presence and doesn't indicate when you are past them.

Am I missing something here? I sure hope that isn't how its designed now - it was so much better the other way.

Thanks

Just got my 2017 GT, and noticed something different about the BSM. On my previous 2 GT's, the BSM indicated when a car was approaching from behind on either side as well as when I overtake a car, the BSM illuminates and goes off when I am clear of the other vehicle - great for when you are passing cars.

On the 2017, I notice that BSM only gives indications when vehicles approach you from behind on either side, like before. However, when you are passing a vehicle, it never indicates their presence and doesn't indicate when you are past them.

Am I missing something here? I sure hope that isn't how its designed now - it was so much better the other way.

Thanks

That is correct...I believe that's the way Mazda programmed the BSM...as to why not really sure but common sense dictates that you should be aware of the vehicle to be within you blindspot zone when you are passing it

I believe that is true when you are passing or being passed. When you signal to change lane, it will engage if there's a vehicle in the range no matter who is passing.

I was about to ask the same, although it is much better this way , sometimes you don't know if the bsm is working because of the car ur passing or if theres another car just behind, this way its easier. although took me some time to get used to.
On the other hand the other day when I was in heavy traffic the bsm malfunction light turned on and stopped working, it reseted when I turned the car off and on again.. that was strange? has anyone had this kind of experience?

I was about to ask the same, although it is much better this way , sometimes you don't know if the bsm is working because of the car ur passing or if theres another car just behind, this way its easier. although took me some time to get used to.
On the other hand the other day when I was in heavy traffic the bsm malfunction light turned on and stopped working, it reseted when I turned the car off and on again.. that was strange? has anyone had this kind of experience?

I've not had the malfunction indication. But the passing BSM is inconsistent - I occasionally get indication when I am overtaking a vehicle - but mostly not. Its strange...

Back