RossTech VCDS for VW equivalent for Mazda

Scorpio88

:
Mazda CX-5 GT
Hi Everyone,

I'm new to the mazda world, i'm coming from VW!!

I just switched my Jetta TDI (Diesel gate) for a brand new CX-5 GT 2017 non-Tech Package.

I have a questions regarding options that i've been able to enable using Ross-tech VCDS and would be cool if an equivalent is available for mazda.

For my jetta, in VCDS, there was an option allowing to enable the windows roll-Up/Down using the fob. Like holding lock button would close all windows AND sunroof. And holding unlock button would open all windows and sunroof. This is very handy specially when it start pooring rain out of nowhere just like today.

Second is the ability to read codes and and even reset check engines

And many more options

Is there any tools like VCDS for mazda?

Thanks

Don't know what VCDS is but no, you can't roll the windows down on the fob but the windows and mirrors can be operated for a short while after turning the key off. That ability is very much a German car trait.

You can read fault codes off the infotainment screen if you go into the deep menu.

Lots of CX-5 owners are from VW including me. Unfortunately I've not heard anything like RossTech VCDS for VW equivalent for Mazda. Even if there's one, it'd still be very limited for what it can do comparing to VW or Audi. Because in VW most of the features you mentioned the hardware and software are there, they just got turned off by the onboard computer settings from factory. But for Mazda, they're smart enough to not install any unnecessary hardware if they don't offer, hence there's nothing to enable for those non-existing features. For example, the power window and moonroof functions you mentioned all require one-touch open-close power windows and moonroof. CX-5 doesn't have that, those motors、switches、and control module don't have anti-pinch capability either. And there's no setups in car computer to do any of the power window and moonroof functions you mentioned like in VW.

The UK version has all one touch switches. There are regional variations.
Actually many regions have it only not in the NA market. But I believe your UK CX-5 still can't do what the OP wants due to the lack of software support for those functions.

Lots of CX-5 owners are from VW including me. Unfortunately I've not heard anything like RossTech VCDS for VW equivalent for Mazda. Even if there's one, it'd still be very limited for what it can do comparing to VW or Audi. Because in VW most of the features you mentioned the hardware and software are there, they just got turned off by the onboard computer settings from factory. But for Mazda, they're smart enough to not install any unnecessary hardware if they don't offer, hence there's nothing to enable for those non-existing features. For example, the power window and moonroof functions you mentioned all require one-touch open-close power windows and moonroof. CX-5 doesn't have that, those motors、switches、and control module don't have anti-pinch capability either. And there's no setups in car computer to do any of the power window and moonroof functions you mentioned like in VW.

I wouldn't say that... you can reflashed all detuned 2.2d's and 2.0 skys to the higher output tune no problem and say hundreds of $ haha

Actually many regions have it only not in the NA market. But I believe your UK CX-5 still can't do what the OP wants due to the lack of software support for those functions.

Real men in NA smash the windows open. We dont need 1 touch.

Anchorman, you have aroused my deep curiosity - what is the deep menu?

From the 2017 owner's manual:

Jam-safe Moonroof
If a person's hands, head or an object
blocks the moonroof while it is closing,
the moonroof will stop and move in the
open direction.

Jame-safe Window
If foreign matter is detected between the
window and the window frame while the
window is closing automatically (refer to
Automatic Open/Close Function on page
3-37), the window stops closing and
automatically opens partway.

From the 2017 owner's manual:

Jam-safe Moonroof
If a person's hands, head or an object
blocks the moonroof while it is closing,
the moonroof will stop and move in the
open direction.

Jame-safe Window
If foreign matter is detected between the
window and the window frame while the
window is closing automatically (refer to
Automatic Open/Close Function on page
3-37), the window stops closing and
automatically opens partway.

Hmmm... I'll try the window out and report back... if my reply is gibberish it means I lost the use of one hand temporarily. :-D

ok all 4 windows will take your hand off if you let it.... DON'T TRY IT.
Moonroof is ok to stick your hand up.

Don't know what VCDS is but no, you can't roll the windows down on the fob but the windows and mirrors can be operated for a short while after turning the key off. That ability is very much a German car trait.

You can read fault codes off the infotainment screen if you go into the deep menu.

Not on my CX-5 you can't. There is no retained accessory power at all. Meaning once the ignition is turned off, EVERYTHING is off. This is ridiculously stupid. Every car that I've had since 1999 has had retained accessory power.

So often with the CX-5 I've shut the ignition off only to find that I forgot to close a window or the sunroof. I then have to turn the ignition back on to close the window. Stupid.

Why would Mazda do that?

I owned a 2012 VW Jetta Sportwagen TDI for 5 years before selling it back to VW as a result of DieselGate. I had a VCDS for my car and it came in VERY handy many times over those 5 years.

I've owned the CX-5 since 12/2016 and I can tell you this. In my opinion VW engineers and designers are WAY smarter than Mazda's. The devil is in the details and VW pays attention to details and they build a much more refined vehicle than Mazda does.

Here's some small examples.

How many times have you gotten into your CX-5 and, once the infotainment system finally boots, been blasted out of your seat because you forgot to turn the volume down from your last listening session? VW has a setting that allows you to choose the max volume for the system once it starts, regardless of what the setting was when you turned it off. VW Smart. Mazda dumb.

VW has one touch up and down switches for ALL the windows, including the sunroof. If you parked your VW and after locking up you find that you left a window open, or the sunroof, no problem. Hold the lock button down on your fob and all the windows, sunroof, and sunshade close. You can do the same thing to open ALL the windows, just hold the unlock button on the fob. Mazda? Yeah, dumb.

The VW also had retained accessory power. VW smart. Mazda dumb.

Yes, I bought a CX-5 and it's a good car. It's just not as refined, or as smart, as our Jetta was and the VW was 5 years older!

⋯ Yes, I bought a CX-5 and it's a good car. It's just not as refined, or as smart, as our Jetta was and the VW was 5 years older!
Actually VW offered all the convenient features you mentioned in my 16 years old 2001.5 Passat, and VW has not been considered as a luxury brand!

Ever noticed in VW you can also "pre-set" the power moonroof how much you want to open on the power moonroof dial switch, and when you tilt-open the back side of the moonroof, it'll open the sunshade simultaneously a bit for ventilation. Smart, VW.

I don't expect Mazda will catch up those fine features offered by VW or others because their engineers are concentrating on other things. I also understand the main reason why we can't get many nice features available in other markets on CX-5 but not in the US is to lower the cost. But judging by selling prices such as in Canada, we've already paid higher than them on CX-5 with similar or less features. I simply hope Mazda North American Operations at least bring in all features available in other regions as I'm tired of being a second-class citizen as a CX-5 owner getting less features from Mazda!

Actually VW offered all the convenient features you mentioned in my 16 years old 2001.5 Passat, and VW has not been considered as a luxury brand!

Ever noticed in VW you can also "pre-set" the power moonroof how much you want to open on the power moonroof dial switch, and when you tilt-open the back side of the moonroof, it'll open the sunshade simultaneously a bit for ventilation. Smart, VW.

I don't expect Mazda will catch up those fine features offered by VW or others because their engineers are concentrating on other things. I also understand the main reason why we can't get many nice features available in other markets on CX-5 but not in the US is to lower the cost. But judging by selling prices such as in Canada, we've already paid higher than them on CX-5 with similar or less features. I simply hope Mazda North American Operations at least bring in all features available in other regions as I'm tired of being a second-class citizen as a CX-5 owner getting less features from Mazda!

Wassup with your new car purchase? How is that going yrwei?

Wassup with your new car purchase? How is that going yrwei?
Currently out of country. :) I'll give Mazda North American Operations some time to change the headlights always on with DRLs thing and ACP/AA for 2018 CX-5 if that ever happen and we'll consider it. I'll have our hail damaged 2016 CX-5 fixed with PDR when the guy is less busy in fall. I simply couldn't find the exact 2016.5 CX-5 we want and gave up on it.

I did send emails and made several phone calls to MNAO and they said they'll look into the headlight/DRL thing.

Currently out of country. :) I'll give Mazda North American Operations some time to change the headlights always on with DRLs thing and ACP/AA for 2018 CX-5 if that ever happen and we'll consider it. I'll have our hail damaged 2016 CX-5 fixed with PDR when the guy is less busy in fall. I simply couldn't find the exact 2016.5 CX-5 we want and gave up on it.

I did send emails and made several phone calls to MNAO and they said they'll look into the headlight/DRL thing.

There are bigger positives and negatives about the 2017 than the DRL imo. That reminds me - I need to get out of this country for a few weeks too.

They're releasing the new engine for Mazda at 2018. No more spark plugs! Something to wait.

Sent from my ASUS_Z012D using Tapatalk

Back