2017 CX-5 Blue tint hydrophilic exterior mirrors

I don't recall, I didn't really read the documentations that it came with, I already threw them away :/ Don't think there's any problem with it tho, it's just like the OEM mirrors. These are heated mirrors too so maybe you can use that to melt the ice? I've never have to deal with ice before :D

Lucky you! But you only need to deal with 115 degree weather. Not sure which is worse. At any rate, I'm considering the CX-5 Touring, which doesn't have heated mirrors.

Lucky you! But you only need to deal with 115 degree weather. Not sure which is worse. At any rate, I'm considering the CX-5 Touring, which doesn't have heated mirrors.

Ah ok, they have the blue tinted mirrors without heated as well. But you should be fine, it's not like the blue coating will rub off.

LOL @ labor. The mirrors just pop in with a decent amount of force. It probably took them longer to pull them out of the box than to install them.

Those mirrors look great though. Nice to know they're an option.

Last edited:
i have these mirrors and am not impressed with them. they barely do anything to reduce glare (front window tint is far more effective) and they do not shed water very well at all.

If my driver windows are tinted on my CX-5. How will this affect the mirrors with the blue tint? I'm new to this so just curious before i order.

If my driver windows are tinted on my CX-5. How will this affect the mirrors with the blue tint? I'm new to this so just curious before i order.

My front is tinted 20% and I have no problem with visibility from the tinted mirrors. It might take a bit getting used to when you first get them but after a while you should be fine. Only thing I noticed with these mirrors is that when it's lightly raining the mirror fogs up and I'll have to turn the heated mirrors on to clear it. Maybe it's fog or haze, not sure but happens once in a while, other than that I like them a lot.

Back