2017 CX-5 Blue tint hydrophilic exterior mirrors

:
2017 CX-5 GT w/ Premium Pkg.
I see these listed on the mazda accessories site for the 2017 CX-5. Does anyone have these installed? I've always wanted the blue tinted side mirrors ever since I drove my buddy's 07' acura TL-S and noticed there's less glare from behind. Think it's worth the $300 price mazda's charging?

most things are not worth what the dealer charges, but if you are okay with the performance of the product for the price being asked, then sure, yes it's worth it.

Do these mirrors do anything else other than reduce glare and shed water? Do they offer a wide angel feature on the outer third of the mirror, usually denoted by a faint line that runs from the top to the bottom of the mirror?

Not sure if it's wide angle or not. Probably not tho, there was no description of that. I ended up ordering these mirrors so we'll see.

Here is a pic from the Japan site with their description.

Hydrophilic processing improves visibility in rainy weather. The blue color also reduces the dazzling of the headlamps of the following car at night, supporting more comfortable drive. Mirror surface exchange type
K128V3660.JPG

Yea but it won't be as clear. Film will always affect its clarity. Ive thought about that before too lol

Dang I drive a lot and would buy those for my 3 if I could get them here.

CX-5 is much lower mileage so don't think I'll bother yet. I'm staying tuned for your impressions in the rain

I ended up getting it installed today, they didn't charge me for labor. I was originally quoted $63 labor for each side.

EAB7B35E-4F43-4180-941D-19E258C437A9_zpssynzthje.jpg

It'll be a while before I can try it in the rain, don't think it'll rain here for a while lol I'll see how it repels water during car wash. I've seen these blue mirrors for the 3 on jdmparts and I wanted to get them, but wasn't willing to spend $500+ for it :/

That looks pretty cool. Any chance of posting those installation instructions on the counter in the first pic?

Thanks for the post. Installation looks simple enough but I'm sure there's always that fear of breaking the mirror removing or snapping the glass back in.

Thanks for the post. Installation looks simple enough but I'm sure there's always that fear of breaking the mirror removing or snapping the glass back in.

Yeah I got mine installed at the dealer, the guys that did it was warning me they're very fragile and break easily if not careful. I was pretty nervous while they were installing it but it went well and only took about 10-15 minutes, they didn't even charge me for labor.

Hi lowincash, did you see anything in the manual about care instructions for the mirrors? I live in a cold state, and occasionally need to scrape thick ice off my mirrors. Wondering if the scraping would damage these mirrors? Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Hi lowincash, did you see anything in the manual about care instructions for the mirrors? I live in a cold state, and occasionally need to scrape thick ice off my mirrors. Wondering if the scraping would damage these mirrors? Thanks in advance.

I don't recall, I didn't really read the documentations that it came with, I already threw them away :/ Don't think there's any problem with it tho, it's just like the OEM mirrors. These are heated mirrors too so maybe you can use that to melt the ice? I've never have to deal with ice before :D

Latest posts

Back