2017 CX-5 "Grand Select"

Doesn't make that much sense to me when price difference between GS and GT is just $500 and the safety features.

Compared to a Touring, you get 19-inch wheels, a moonroof, power driver's seat, leather, 10-speaker Bose audio with navigation, auto headlights, LED lights and more. It also still comes with assistance features like low-speed automatic braking (Smart City Brake Support) and blind spot monitor with cross-traffic alert.

AWD Touring w/ preferred equipment package MRSP is $28935.
-Touring with preferred equipment package already comes with the above in bold.

Grand select AWD MRSP = 31135
-For $2200 above touring you get 19 inch w leather, LED lights, "and more"

Grand Touring AWD MRSP = 31635
-For $500 above grand select you get emergency braking (Smart Brake Support), adaptive cruise control, automatic high beams and lane departure warning with lane-keeping assist.

I actually don't want anything it takes away, so I agree with what it creates, but still a stretch to sell more vehicles.

I actually don't want anything it takes away, so I agree with what it creates, but still a stretch to sell more vehicles.

yeah, rear cross traffic alert was all I really wanted... BSM is fine, but not to die for. Don't like SCBS because my trees around my driveway always activate it. GF almost dumped her smoothie all over the dash a few days ago because it came on when I was doing a 3 point turn.

having said that, seems like a weird little niche to try to fill.

The article makes it sound like you can't get a moonroof or upgraded Bose in the Touring but you can. I did. It also makes it sound like you have to go to the GT or the GS to get the blindspot monitoring and cross traffic monitoring.

Who writes these articles?

The article makes it sound like you can't get a moonroof or upgraded Bose in the Touring but you can. I did. It also makes it sound like you have to go to the GT or the GS to get the blindspot monitoring and cross traffic monitoring.

Who writes these articles?
Exactly! Not only you can, but also for only $780 list in 2017 CX-5 Touring! In Touring Preferred Equipment Package, not only you get both power moonroof and Bose but also auto-dimming rearview mirror with HomeLink、auto headlights、rain-sensing wipers、nav system、and the power liftgate to boot! And Advanced Blind Spot Monitoring and Rear Cross Traffic Alert are standard on 2017 Touring too!

But to be fair, the article could be just based on whatever Jacob Brown said. I believe for only $500 less than a GT on a $30K vehicle, potential buyers will choose GT over GS any day!

Seems like more of an alignment with Canadian package layouts.

"Grand Select" is our base GT.

US Grand Touring will be the Canadian GT + Tech package.

Almost exactly the same option groupings now, where there was more of a differentiation before.

Seems like more of an alignment with Canadian package layouts.

"Grand Select" is our base GT.

US Grand Touring will be the Canadian GT + Tech package.

Almost exactly the same option groupings now, where there was more of a differentiation before.
Not even close!

Canadian base GT has memory seat、power passenger seat, and rear heated seats where they're not even available on US base GT, let alone the US GS. I can easily live with Canadian base GT without any features from the Tech Package. But I'll have to get $1,830 GT Premium Package just for the memory seat we really want!

Not to mention your base GT costs only $36,730 CAD ($27,799 USD) but our GS would cost $29,835 USD! :)

So lets see, new CX-5 there has 4 star rating. Remove safety features and it will drop this rating (scratch)

Over here, ANCAP takes into account these type of features when doing a rating.

Not even close!

Canadian base GT has memory seat、power passenger seat, and rear heated seats where they're not even available on US base GT, let alone the US GS. I can easily live with Canadian base GT without any features from the Tech Package. But I'll have to get $1,830 GT Premium Package just for the memory seat we really want!

Not to mention your base GT costs only $36,730 CAD ($27,799 USD) but our GS would cost $29,835 USD! :)

Different definition of close I guess. There's still some differences in layout but in the grand scheme that's pretty close to me.

Different definition of close I guess. There's still some differences in layout but in the grand scheme that's pretty close to me.

I have to agree with yrw, it's not even close. That no memory seat is a killer. Think it's a shame a $30k+ car doesn't have it as standard, along with remote start (yea, that's for another convo), but still...

My point was that in the grand scheme, you can now get GT level interior and exterior appearance and luxury (wheels, leather, LED signature lighting, Bose) now without all the iActivesense being towed along with it by default - similar to in Canada.

Latest posts

Back