Mazda radar cruise control with stop and go

It should come on as you when you are pretty much coming to a complete stop. It most likely won't when the car is decelerating for a brief period

If the car applies the brakes to slow down, they will come on. For example, someone pulls in front of you and slows suddenly, or you crest over a hill and the car picks up speed on the downside, or you're coming to a stop. Confirmed one evening in the dark with a dirty rear window (could see the haze from the 3rd brake light when brakes were applied).

If the car is letting off the gas to coast, they won't.

Brake light operation is exact same as though you were driving it and coasting or applying the brakes.

Thanks all for the confirmation.

The Brake Hold I was able to confirm last night while on hold - I can see the red reflection on the car behind me while stopped.

Thanks all for the confirmation.

The Brake Hold I was able to confirm last night while on hold - I can see the red reflection on the car behind me while stopped.

You mean auto hold (scratch)

If so then great :D

Does anybody have a car with mrcc but without original parking sensors?
All NA/US version CX-5's with i-ActivSense option have MRCC without factory integrated front/rear parking sensors.

All NA/US version CX-5's with i-ActivSense option have MRCC without factory integrated front/rear parking sensors.

Which means it doesn't use the parking sensors but the sensors behind the Mazda logo. Hence the logo looks different :)

With MRCC sensors behind:

image.jpg

Without MRCC sensors behind:

image.jpg

Ohhh. That's why the logo sucks on the 17. 🤣

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I believe that's standard look for vehicles with collision avoidance sensors. Benz have their logo the same if am not mistaken.

I believe that's standard look for vehicles with collision avoidance sensors. Benz have their logo the same if am not mistaken.

Generally yes but seen a few just below/near the logo where there is just some plastic

Does anybody have a car with mrcc but without original parking sensors and know what is the Forscan or Asbuilt ?
Thanks

Last edited:
Does anybody have a car with mrcc but without original parking sensors and know what is the Forscan or Asbuilt ?
Thanks

If I am not mistaken, USA models come with MRCC and no original parking sensors. Besides, MRCC doesn't use them anyway

I've had mine stop fairly quickly when the car in front of me braked fairly hard. Not sure I trust it enough for an emergency braking situation--anyone know if it will apply max braking in such cases?

I've had mine stop fairly quickly when the car in front of me braked fairly hard. Not sure I trust it enough for an emergency braking situation--anyone know if it will apply max braking in such cases?

Smart City Brake Support will kick in completely at speeds of 4-80km/h (2.5-49.7mph) and if you have Smart Brake Support then that will also operate 15-145km/h (9.32-90mph). So it should apply the brakes completely

Smart City Brake Support will kick in completely at speeds of 4-80km/h (2.5-49.7mph) and if you have Smart Brake Support then that will also operate 15-145km/h (9.32-90mph). So it should apply the brakes completely
SCBS is operative between 4~30 km/h / 2.5~18.6 mph. 80 km/h / 49.7 mph is too fast for SCBS. ;)

I've been driving my 2017 CX5 for 3 weeks now but I have never experience yet, therefore, unable to verify if indeed it breaks on its own. I've seen BRAKE message and beeps more than once but never seen applied break on its own. Maybe my foot is quicker than the SCBS/SBS system ;)

Last edited:
Back