Mazda radar cruise control with stop and go

As mentioned in my other thread, last Thursday I did 200km (125 miles) and the combined fuel consumption figure was 7.3L/100KM (32.22 USMPG) which was mix of city road and then freeway. Pretty much anywhere from 80km/h to 110km/h on the freeway, I left MRCC do the work (2thumbs)

Adaptive cruise control with stop-n-go has pretty much eliminated most of my "aggressive driving". The only thing that still aggravates me is the left lane stragglers.

Adaptive cruise control with stop-n-go has pretty much eliminated most of my "aggressive driving". The only thing that still aggravates me is the left lane stragglers.

Just change lanes and let MRCC do the rest (wink)

Does anyone have a video of how to use this? I’m going to be done working from home in a couple weeks and will be back in Bay Area traffic hell. Would like to use this feature if I knew how to set it.

I’d prefer a video over a car manual link

Does anyone have a video of how to use this? Im going to be done working from home in a couple weeks and will be back in Bay Area traffic hell. Would like to use this feature if I knew how to set it.

Id prefer a video over a car manual link

Video of how it works (uhm)

If so, see here please:

It’s really very easy. The video is excellent in explaining the system

The distance separation is also adjustable. I followed the recommendation of Autogefhl on YouTube and set mine at the farthest setting minus one. I prefer that personally so I have time to react. I am not comfortable at closer settings and it will let other vehicles into that gap. Good thing is, the system will brake if too close.

It’s really very easy. The video is excellent in explaining the system

The distance separation is also adjustable. I followed the recommendation of Autogefhl on YouTube and set mine at the farthest setting minus one. I prefer that personally so I have time to react. I am not comfortable at closer settings and it will let other vehicles into that gap. Good thing is, the system will brake if too close.

I have mine set to 2 bars from memory

I meant like how I set it and adjust it

• Press Mode
  • Use gas pedal to reach desired speed
  • Press + to set speed
  • Press - to decrease set speed (if needed)
  • Press ^ or V to set desired distance

NOTE: you can also increase/decrease the speed by either pressing +/- buttons for 1km/h (0.62 mph) increments or long press +/- buttons for 10 kmh (6.23 mph) increments

Last edited:
That is excellent mileage for stop and go.

The other day on a highway trip of around 20 miles or so I achieved 35.7mpg. That was with the ac on.

These engines, if driven the right way will deliver excellent fuel economy. Right now my total avg is 28.3 and that is with a lot of short trips. Ive found that the computer is within a few tenths of the numbers I get computing the mileage manually.

Wow! Those are great numbers. Is this FWD or AWD?

Wow! Those are great numbers. Is this FWD or AWD?

Mine is awd. I have mentioned this before but the throttle is very sensitive to foot pressure. I use the real time gas mileage screen in the info space and just lightening up a touch shows big results without affecting speed.

That is excellent mileage for stop and go.

The other day on a highway trip of around 20 miles or so I achieved 35.7mpg. That was with the ac on.

35.7?? Holy crap, I've got to up my game. Best I've done so far is 31.2. That was on open hiway going about 70 most of the way.

35.7?? Holy crap, I've got to up my game. Best I've done so far is 31.2. That was on open hiway going about 70 most of the way.

I’ve found that once you go above 65 or so the mileage drops substantially. 50-60 is a general sweet spot.

The case could be made for having another gear here but we have to take it as it is.

Edit: to add, I run Shell 91 V Power and Valvoline Advanced Synthetic oil 0w20. My tires are inflated to 36psi all around.

I’ve found that once you go above 65 or so the mileage drops substantially. 50-60 is a general sweet spot.

The case could be made for having another gear here but we have to take it as it is.

Edit: to add, I run Shell 91 V Power and Valvoline Advanced Synthetic oil 0w20. My tires are inflated to 36psi all around.

36psi is the recommended pressure for 3 passengers and that's what I'll be doing.

I'll be filling up on 95 RON when the time comes

36psi is the recommended pressure for 3 passengers and that's what I'll be doing.

I'll be filling up on 95 RON when the time comes

I assume your dealer filled with regular. I’m not sure how your octanes compare to the US but they sound higher.

If the 95 is higher than what came in the tank from delivery you should notice a difference in responsiveness.

60 is definitely the sweet spot. Set the cruise at 60 on the way to work. 60 is the speed limit on this stretch.
ea1714e3071a7d9ff719bdc9286df537.jpg

Last edited:
I assume your dealer filled with regular. I’m not sure how your octanes compare to the US but they sound higher.

If the 95 is higher than what came in the tank from delivery you should notice a difference in responsiveness.

For us 95 RON is premium along with 98 RON

Regular is 91 RON
E10 is 94 RON

Back