Mazda radar cruise control with stop and go

The symbol on the dash (and HUD, since I have the Premium Pkg) turns from green to white to indicate that the 3 seconds has expired.
I need to correct myself, I double-checked today, and the dash symbol does not change color, only the HUD symbol does.

Not a problem :D

I would suggest you/family member/friend taking a 2017 CX-5 GT with premium package for an extended test drive in traffic and see if you can actually get away by pressing the resume button. Then when MRCC with stop/go is released on the next model Mazda 6, you know exactly how it works :)

A MOST excellent suggestion and if I'm right and the 6 does NOT have what I want, the CX-5 would be worth a test, but A) I'm too short to get into a CX-5 and probably too wide for a GT although with a stool I could probably at least drive the CX-5 and B) my car is off-lease in less than two weeks and so, unless the 2018 6 is coming out in a week that won't work. ;(

A MOST excellent suggestion and if I'm right and the 6 does NOT have what I want, the CX-5 would be worth a test, but A) I'm too short to get into a CX-5 and probably too wide for a GT although with a stool I could probably at least drive the CX-5 and B) my car is off-lease in less than two weeks and so, unless the 2018 6 is coming out in a week that won't work. ;(

Don't think there is an eta for the next Mazda 6 :(

Hi all,

I just purschaded a new CX-5 GT group tech (Canada) with adaptive cruise control.
Im wondering your help or advise. Maybe I didnt read correctly instruction but when I push on *mode* button to activate cruise control I dont have option between *regular cruise control* (no adaptive speed) and the adaptive cruise control with stop and go.
Im always with adaptive cruise control.
Is that normal ?

I like adaptive cruise control but sometime I prefer use a cruise control as a regular one not using radar in bumper.

Thanks Im advance for you help.

Hi all,

I just purschaded a new CX-5 GT group tech (Canada) with adaptive cruise control.
I’m wondering your help or advise. Maybe I didn’t read correctly instruction but when I push on *mode* button to activate cruise control I don’t have option between *regular cruise control* (no adaptive speed) and the adaptive cruise control with stop and go.
I’m always with adaptive cruise control.
Is that normal ?

I like adaptive cruise control but sometime I prefer use a cruise control as a regular one not using radar in bumper.

Thanks I’m advance for you help.

I think You need to hold down the "Mode" button until it changes from MRCC to regular cruise control (and hold it down again to switch back).

Having used my GT +Premium US model with adaptive cruise control in a fair amount of heavy traffic, I just want to clarify that the US model works just like the Australian model for complete stops that last up to 3 seconds. It's only when you come to a complete stop for more than 3 seconds that you need to use the resume button. (and in most stop and go highway/freeway traffic you'll rarely use resume)

Eg. U.S. model: car in front of you stops => you come to a complete stop => car in front of you starts moving again after less than or equal to: 3 sec. => you start moving again with no driver input, adaptive cruise control remains in effect. Same scenario but the car in front of you starts moving again after 3.01 sec. => driver must press "resume" to re-initiate adaptive cruise control which automatically includes the previous settings (speed).

I also want to say that I've found that being able to switch modes (from adaptive cruise control => regular cruise control) a little bit scary a couple of times when I inadvertently pressed the mode button. You get used to having the car slow and adapt to the vehicle in front and its a little disconcerting when it keeps on barreling along if you don't realize you've selected the regular mode. I have the HUD and I've learned to recognize the two different icon displayed depending on which cruise control mode is selected, and I'm careful not to press the mode button except when I want to use the regular mode (which is pretty much never, really). But for new CX-5 drivers, some of whom may not even realize that there are two modes available, you should be aware that this can happen.

If I were designing the software, I'd offer a user-selectable option to leave regular cruise control off.

Last edited:
Thanks all for your replies. I found it.

Indeed you need to hold "mode"button to switch between one and the other option.
And indeed icon change.

Adaptive cruise control : small picture of a car left up corner of cruise control icon + distance adjustment underline

Regular cruise control : just regular icon cruise control without picture of car

And when you hold "mode" button to pass from adaptive to regular you have a message "MRCC canceled" on info screen

I tried to insert picture of description upper but I don't know how to insert a picture on a post. It seems need to create URL.

Adaptive :

IMG_0362.JPG

Message after hold "mode"button :

IMG_0364.JPG

Regular :

IMG_0360.JPG

Having used my GT +Premium US model with adaptive cruise control in a fair amount of heavy traffic, I just want to clarify that the US model works just like the Australian model for complete stops that last up to 3 seconds. It's only when you come to a complete stop for more than 3 seconds that you need to use the resume button. (and in most stop and go highway/freeway traffic you'll rarely use resume)

Eg. U.S. model: car in front of you stops => you come to a complete stop => car in front of you starts moving again after less than or equal to: 3 sec. => you start moving again with no driver input, adaptive cruise control remains in effect. Same scenario but the car in front of you starts moving again after 3.01 sec. => driver must press "resume" to re-initiate adaptive cruise control which automatically includes the previous settings (speed).

Slight difference here, if the stop is more than 3 seconds, the CX-5 waits for the other car to move before starting again by itself:

Capture.jpg

Some of my observations about MRCC.. it works pretty well except.. when I'm driving in clear traffic at 60km/h and come up to a red light with cars at the lights.
My CX-5 does not slow down ! I have deliberately taken it as far as my comfort level goes before hitting the brakes hard.. so don't assume it's a Tesla !

It's fine if the cars are moving in front of me.

My only concern is that it doesn’t allow cruise control over 90 miles and hour. [emoji23]

#autobahn

Yea mine’s NA version because I’m taking it back with me. [emoji20]

Yeah, I know and it makes sense (since You're taking it back to the US), altough it kind of limits the use of MRCC on the autobahn while You're in Germany.
I still don't know why there's a difference, except it must be a US demand to limit the cruise control in this way.

Back