Mazda radar cruise control with stop and go

Artista

:
Mazda CX-5 Touring
Please post your impressions/reviews here. How are you guys liking it? Does it really stop completely and go without any additional driver input? Leave it on all the time?

New 2017 GT owner here. I love it, with one exception. When following a slowing car that is turning off the road, the system continues to brake, and somewhat hard, even after the turning car is completely out of the way.

Definitely works as advertised. It will do stop but if it's longer than 3 seconds or so the system resets and you have to intervene to get it going again.

Loving it so far. Yes is it bring you to a complete stop. It's a godsend when i'm sitting in traffic going below 10mph. At higher speeds with lots of cars around (per usual) i'll leave it off only because someone is bound to cut me off and I don't want the car to panic. I can't wait to test it out on a long drive. Its certainly one of the features that sold me on the car.

I really like it, though it brakes later than I would naturally, for standstill traffic ahead of me. I give it a nudge to come out of a complete stop, but it takes over pretty quickly enough.

It's a really nifty feature.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Works just fine - unfortunately I tend to get carsick when I'm not actively driving, so I avoid having it engage under regular conditions (feels too jerky for my comfort), and at highway speeds the lowest setting leaves a bit too much of a gap for Northeast drivers. But the ACC has definitely come in handy when traffic came to a sudden dead-stop as I was cruising at 70 mph.

I love this feature. In very heavy traffic it's amazing... you only need to intervene if you're stopped for more than three seconds, and even then it's just to tap the gas to get it started again. I wouldn't buy another car without a system that can bring to a full stop.

New 2017 GT owner here. I love it, with one exception. When following a slowing car that is turning off the road, the system continues to brake, and somewhat hard, even after the turning car is completely out of the way.
That is my biggest complaint about it too.

Anyone else notice a lot of clicking going on under the dash at low speeds when the MRCC is active? Suppose it's all normal and just crank the music, but it's an observation.

Anyone else notice a lot of clicking going on under the dash at low speeds when the MRCC is active? Suppose it's all normal and just crank the music, but it's an observation.

You want to hear some troubling clicking that is actually normal... turn on the downhill crawl control on my GX... it sounds like machine gun fire from the ABS unit. :)

Yup, I was told that it's just the system activating the accelerator and braking systems. I kinda like hearing it... I'm imagining a robot behind the dash controlling the car for me (that's not weird at all...).

I love it. I do have the same complaint as SweetPete about it continuing to brake after the vehicle in front of you has turned. It wouldn't be so bad if the braking wasn't so aggressive. I usually hit cancel or tap the brake pedal to take over and hit resume when the vehicle is out of the way.

It's easy enough to get going again from a stop: just tap the resume button and away you go.

Last edited:
I suppose it has to make sure that the vehicle that just left its field of vision won't reappear if for instance it was trying to avoid a crash.

This feature is one of the main reasons I bought the CX5. Many luxury cars (Acura RDX) don't have adaptive cruise with stop and go. I couldn't touch an RDX for what I paid for my CX5. And the CX5 is much more attractive. 😁

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Yup, I was told that it's just the system activating the accelerator and braking systems. I kinda like hearing it... I'm imagining a robot behind the dash controlling the car for me (that's not weird at all...).

as long as the robot doesn't become self aware with suicidal tendencies (lol2)

Latest posts

Back