Mazda radar cruise control with stop and go

love the Mazda radar cruise control with stop and go, but, only if i am following a moving car, the moving car stops, my car stops itself.
but again i noticed, the system won't stop for me, have to brake myself, if i am driving toward a car already stop at the light.

love the Mazda radar cruise control with stop and go, but, only if i am following a moving car, the moving car stops, my car stops itself.
but again i noticed, the system won't stop for me, have to brake myself, if i am driving toward a car already stop at the light.

(hmm) something wrong with yours. Mine stops just fine if another car already stopped at set of traffic lights

You shouldn't trust it to brake for you for a stopped car. That should be reserved for emergencies, even when using the radar cruise control.

Even if the Mazda system is perfectly reliable, you don't want to train yourself to not brake when there is car stopped ahead of you. That could be a disaster when you drive another car, or the Mazda glitches.

You shouldn't trust it to brake for you for a stopped car. That should be reserved for emergencies, even when using the radar cruise control.

It's human nature to have one's foot over the brake just in case.

the following paragraph was extracted from my CX-5 owner's manual:

NOTE
* The MRCC with Stop & Go function system does not detect the following as physical objects.
* Vehicles approaching in the opposite direction
* Pedestrians
* Stationary objects (stopped vehicles, obstructions)
* If a vehicle ahead is traveling at an extremely low speed, the system may not detect it correctly.
* During headway control travel, do not set the system for detection of two-wheeled vehicles such as motorcycles and bicycles.
* Do not use the MRCC with Stop & Go function system under conditions in which close proximity warnings are frequently activated.

reference: 2017-cx5-edition1.ts.1707061432290000

Last edited:
Well then there you go!

I will say that i don't use MRCC with stop go in my normal driving. Only on freeway/highway/motorway. So my comment above is incorrect.

Apologies!

It is NOT a substitute for the driver to be driving. If you want to slow before the system wants to do it for you, then you can. And you should.

Agreed.

I'm in month two of using MRCC on a daily basis. I apply the brake or use the accelerator as I would when driving without the system if MRCC isn't doing what I would do otherwise.

Foot hovering over the brake on some occasions that I believe MRCC might not do it's job

Is there an actual distance in metres/yards for each setting of the MRCC. I've loved the feature ever since I had it in my Jaguar XFR but would like to know the actual physical distance each of the four settings puts the car at. I can't find it in my owner's manual anywhere.

Is there an actual distance in metres/yards for each setting of the MRCC. I've loved the feature ever since I had it in my Jaguar XFR but would like to know the actual physical distance each of the four settings puts the car at. I can't find it in my owner's manual anywhere.

It varies with speed. This is about as detailed as you will get......

Attachments

• MRCC.pdf
    494.9 KB · Views: 174
It would be nice if the system has a function to set the speed automatically based on the posted speed limit signs. Additionally, it would be even nicer if it stops when a STOP sign is recognized.

I love it. It's a godsend when it takes me 45 minutes to get through the Holland Tunnel on my way out of NYC. Just sit back and steer.

It would be nice if the system has a function to set the speed automatically based on the posted speed limit signs. Additionally, it would be even nicer if it stops when a STOP sign is recognized.

I'm in Houston too. That sounds like a good way to die, since everyone here goes at least 10 over on the freeways

Back