CX5 owners, let's see your other vehicles

Confession. I don't own it. My son builds them tho... He works for Cirrus. The Visionjet SF-50 was only recently FAA type-certified and they've delivered 6 aircraft with another 600 on order. Considered very affordable @ $2 million.

Cirrus makes some nice stuff.

Your son works for cirrus? Hmm...putting that in the back of my memory!

I have an SR-22. Great piece of engineering minus my slightly curling instrument panel plastics.

Cirrus makes planes that require a spin recovery parachute (nailbyt)(nailbyt)

Yup, called CAPS - Cirrus Airframe Parachute System which is installed on every plane, including their Visionjet. Not just for spin recovery - designed to get a pilot out of many types of trouble. One of the founding Klapmeier brothers was once involved in a crash and vowed to invent a system where another option was quickly available. All new Cirrus owners have to go through a mandatory 3 hour training class on the system.

My son said there have been 60-something documented deployment of the CAPS. Fully half of those aircraft were recertified and flying again.

Your son works for cirrus? Hmm...putting that in the back of my memory!

I have an SR-22. Great piece of engineering minus my slightly curling instrument panel plastics.

He works the SR line on doors, cowls and wingtips - the curviest parts of the aircraft. Also working his way through engineering school where he wants to be a mechanical engineer. I did almost the same thing when I was starting out my career. Got a entry-level job at a data center for a bank, worked my way up, took advantage of their tuition assistance programs and got a 2 year in data processing followed by a 4 year degree in business. Went ROTC, took a 5 year leave-of-absence to go on active duty USAF, got an MBA, returned to the bank for another 10 years before they consolidated and closed that data center.

Have you contacted Cirrus about the dash? Which generation do you have? I think they're up to G6 now.

Soon
07-2014-mitsubishi-mirage-review-1.jpg
Soon youre going to get a Mirage?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

352824d83d96e84d2eb97e91c5a806d3.jpg

Here is my beloved 2005 Mazda6 wagon aka The Paddywagon. I try to take it out weekly since it has been retired as my daily driver.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

352824d83d96e84d2eb97e91c5a806d3.jpg

Here is my beloved 2005 Mazda6 wagon aka The Paddywagon. I try to take it out weekly since it has been retired as my daily driver.

Is that an i4 or v6? Your can tuning and boost tuning for the engine if you are ready to do mods

Is that an i4 or v6? Your can tuning and boost tuning for the engine if you are ready to do mods

It is a V6 with 193,602 miles as of today. I have thought about tunes but considering the luck I have had with this V6 I am hesitant to push it harder.

It is a V6 with 193,602 miles as of today. I have thought about tunes but considering the luck I have had with this V6 I am hesitant to push it harder.

My wife's grandmother (75 years old) has same model year with V6 as well. It was damaged close to blue-book and insurance wanted to total it but she was able to convince them to fix it since she loved it so much.

My wife's grandmother (75 years old) has same model year with V6 as well. It was damaged close to blue-book and insurance wanted to total it but she was able to convince them to fix it since she loved it so much.

Yeah. I'm deathly afraid of an accident and it being totaled. Especially since I'm paying the same amount on my insurance as I am in my 2016 CX-5 for the same coverage.

Yeah. I'm deathly afraid of an accident and it being totaled. Especially since I'm paying the same amount on my insurance as I am in my 2016 CX-5 for the same coverage.
That's why I don't get comprehensive coverage for our older vehicles. You're essentially paying the same premium but getting a lot less coverage as the book value is so low for older cars. So easy to get totaled!

He works the SR line on doors, cowls and wingtips - the curviest parts of the aircraft. Also working his way through engineering school where he wants to be a mechanical engineer. I did almost the same thing when I was starting out my career. Got a entry-level job at a data center for a bank, worked my way up, took advantage of their tuition assistance programs and got a 2 year in data processing followed by a 4 year degree in business. Went ROTC, took a 5 year leave-of-absence to go on active duty USAF, got an MBA, returned to the bank for another 10 years before they consolidated and closed that data center.

Have you contacted Cirrus about the dash? Which generation do you have? I think they're up to G6 now.

When you first posted that pic I thought I know that from somewhere... that's cool to hear your son works for them.

When you first posted that pic I thought I know that from somewhere... that's cool to hear your son works for them.

Cool planes, but not a fan for a boocoo of reasons, but they serve their purpose I guess. We have a Piper in the stable here, and she's just been Ole Reliable. Didn't think it would ever happen, but flying the balloon is now the fave. It's hard to explain and so much different than one thinks...

That's why I don't get comprehensive coverage for our older vehicles. You're essentially paying the same premium but getting a lot less coverage as the book value is so low for older cars. So easy to get totaled!

Insure for stated value.

Got a front pic? I'm not a huge bike guy, but I've always like the look of exposed frames and old cafe racers. This kind of looks like a more modern vision of a mash-up like that. I like the way it looks from what I see!

Also loving all the real bikes (bicycles). Some nice gear going on in here. I sense a new thread coming... "show me your rack" - i.e. what rack you're running and them loaded up.

Here's some more pics of my bike:

IMG_2367.JPG

IMG_2368.JPG

IMG_2369.JPG

IMG_2370.JPG

This is the custom dash I cut out by hand to hold the clock and dummy lights for brights, neutral, and high beam. I don't have access to water jet or plasma cutters or anything so it was a lot of filing by hand to get everything the right shape:

IMG_2359.JPG

One of my best friends in college had a red Seca II. Yours looks clean, but where's the fairing? I don't see any obvious crash damage. Naked conversion? I like the racing stripe.

I've owned a few red motorcycles too, favorites being a 1997 Honda VFR750F and 2007 Ducati Multistrada 1100S.

bike1.jpeg

One of my best friends in college had a red Seca II. Yours looks clean, but where's the fairing? I don't see any obvious crash damage. Naked conversion? I like the racing stripe.

I've owned a few red motorcycles too, favorites being a 1997 Honda VFR750F and 2007 Ducati Multistrada 1100S.

bike1.jpeg

The bike was never crashed to the best of my knowledge. I just prefer the naked look a lot better. The naked bike never made it to the states so I did the conversion myself. Since these pics where taken I have a few bits added like the front infills and what not. The stock fairing is still in my garage but the paint is quite tired on it hence the reason for the respray. I actually did all the painting with rattle cans. Duplicolor color coats with 2k clear coat from the rattle can

Latest posts

Back