MSP 81 Will not crank

:
Mazda Mazdaspeed Protege
Hi! I have a 03.5 MSP and it will not crank at all. I have no blown fuses, a good battery, and recently gone though all the wiring in the engine so there should be no faulty grounds. I even went so far as to pick up an ECU from the junkyard to swap and see if I got the same issues and I do. Can't get codes through the OBD2 port, it won't seem to connect to the ECU. Could it be possible I have TWO?? bad ECUs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

These are my warning lights. Airbag only lights because hey are disconnected for safety. AFAIK, all sensors are good.
788a4b70aaad9d752447b1c7593c9729.jpg

Have you had a chance to check your ignition switch and clutch (neutral) safety switch?

I'm working on an automatic P5 that the TR switch was stuck in second gear and was preventing the starter from engaging.

Now I'm tackling a crank no start problem.

Have you had a chance to check your ignition switch and clutch (neutral) safety switch?

I'm working on an automatic P5 that the TR switch was stuck in second gear and was preventing the starter from engaging.

Now I'm tackling a crank no start problem.

Neutral switch is okay, looking for a short between the ignition switch currently.

Main relay ? Bad terminal happen to me a few weeks ago it was my positive terminal came loose

Last edited:
Main relay ? Bad terminal happen to me a few weeks ago it was my positive terminal came loose

Turns out the factory anti theft was the culprit, not allowing me to crank the engine. Cranks fine now, however I'm not getting any spark. Gonna replace the coil packs on Friday.

Back