Q's on 2017 CX-5

mostater

:
searching
I test drove a 2017 CX-5 recently and was pleasantly surprised. The CX-5 is definitely near the top of my list. A couple of items I noticed were 1) sticky dashboard and 2) HD traffic on a separate screen from NAV.

Is the sticky dashboard common to all CX-5s...or is it just a 2017 thing?

Is there a way to see traffic on the NAV map?

Chances are low. Though there have been talks of Android Auto. Which in my opinion will work well with Google Maps.
But dont make a buying purchase based on this. Expect to love and live with the CX-5 without AA and without Traffic on Nav.

I test drove a 2017 CX-5 recently and was pleasantly surprised. The CX-5 is definitely near the top of my list. A couple of items I noticed were 1) sticky dashboard and 2) HD traffic on a separate screen from NAV.

Is the sticky dashboard common to all CX-5s...or is it just a 2017 thing?

Yeah, the grippy dashboard is on all models. Real fun wiping a microfiber over it... ;)

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Yeah it's hard to describe but the top of the dash feels a little tacky at first. It went away on mine mostly. Not sure if it's some type of coating or what. Now when I wipe it down with a microfiber nothing gets left behind.

Good to hear that it wiped off/faded away over time.

Yeah, the grippy dashboard is on all models. Real fun wiping a microfiber over it... ;)

Cleaning is what I wondered about. Specifically, how often would it need it and if it would be a pain because of the tackiness. But if it fades over time, then not so concerning.

Chances are low. Though there have been talks of Android Auto. Which in my opinion will work well with Google Maps.
But dont make a buying purchase based on this. Expect to love and live with the CX-5 without AA and without Traffic on Nav.

Disappointing to hear that it currently isn't possible. Not a deal-breaker, though. I agree AA/CP would be nice to have but don't anticipate them being added after the fact. Perhaps in the 2018 model year... or maybe 2017.5. :)

For me, no biggie re not having AA. Been without it all my driving life (far few years), so not missing it since never experienced it! (rofl)

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I do microfiber with 303 all the time on the dash. Maybe it was worse when the car was new and I never noticed since I started doing the 303 thing more recently.

I vacuumed my dash with a brush when I first got the car because a cloth wouldn't take the dust off. Now it does seem as if a simple wipe will take it off. I also think there was something on it when delivered that slowly went away. Maybe plastic on top of the dash that got taken off during delivery but left a residue?

I vacuumed my dash with a brush when I first got the car because a cloth wouldn't take the dust off. Now it does seem as if a simple wipe will take it off. I also think there was something on it when delivered that slowly went away. Maybe plastic on top of the dash that got taken off during delivery but left a residue?

Same thing I do. I vacuum everything except the carpet of course with a soft brush attachment to keep the dust level down inside. Haven't wiped the dash yet, just vacuum the dust off.

I vacuum the mats and carpet in my Mazda 6 and it's fine. I expect to do the same when I get the CX-5

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Maybe the heat cooks off some residue? I do notice it's less sticky now than when I first got it a month ago.
Also could be that a bunch of dust has stuck to the sticky parts and thus no longer sticky.

Maybe the heat cooks off some residue? I do notice it's less sticky now than when I first got it a month ago.
Also could be that a bunch of dust has stuck to the sticky parts and thus no longer sticky.

Could also be some sort of application that Mazda applies during production or dealer presentation to keep it looking good until sold and then gradually wears off (uhm)

Back