Safety Systems Disabled due to Adverse Conditions - 2017

Front camera sensor was overheating according to codes pulled by tech. New camera ordered and should arrive in 2 weeks.
Glad to see your dealer was able to find the culprit easily and is going to fix it within 2 weeks. Hope your dealer would follow the proper procedures making sure your new FSC is properly aligned and adjusted.

This's one of the reasons why we skipped the i-ActivSense Package when we special ordered our 2016 CX-5. Think about what any of these high-tech components would cost you when they failed after the warranty in the later years? MRCC and SBC are not the necessary features for driving a vehicle. I especially wonder when people bought a CX-5 for good handling and fun driving, why you want those high-tech items driving the car FOR YOU? (uhm)

Last edited:
It will still be fewer glitches than my Infiniti. I would be more concerned about someone being able to remotely hack into my vehicle and take control of it.

Is that '14 Q50 hybrid feeling like a beta product? Do you plan to keep it long term? My old '07 G35x is seemingly bulletproof at this point so will probably drive it until it becomes a headache. At least your Q50 has the VQ35HR motor on the gas side like mine... that's a good one. Resale is starting to get down there anyway on my G and it was evicted from my 2 car garage in March for the GX.

Front camera sensor was overheating according to codes pulled by tech. New camera ordered and should arrive in 2 weeks.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

So a hardware issue. Good to hear the diagnosis was quick and it seems will be easily resolved.

I assume they told you to just ignore the message(s) and continue driving?

So a hardware issue. Good to hear the diagnosis was quick and it seems will be easily resolved.

I assume they told you to just ignore the message(s) and continue driving?
Tech said I may never see it again. But he doesn't want to chance it so he's ordering the replacement since it's under warranty.

Tech said I may never see it again. But he doesn't want to chance it so he's ordering the replacement since it's under warranty.

Fair enough. Looks like they are giving you good service

Back