Infotainment screen cleaning

siameselovr

:
2017 CX-5 Grand Touring
I'm new to the forum and just purchased my CX-5 GT last week. My question is .....What do you use to clean the infotainment screen? Everything I've tried (glass cleaner, water, etc) leaves it looking greasy or foggy. (best way I know how to describe it) It's driving me nuts!

This one is easy. I bought one of those cloth glasses cleaning wipes from the optical center at the neighborhood Walmart. Just keep it in the console and use whenever the fingerprints build up to where they bother you. Problem solved and no worry about using chemicals or solvents on the screen.

I'm new to the forum and just purchased my CX-5 GT last week. My question is .....What do you use to clean the infotainment screen? Everything I've tried (glass cleaner, water, etc) leaves it looking greasy or foggy. (best way I know how to describe it) It's driving me nuts!

Just use a handkerchief and wipe any excess fingerprints off it.

I use it on my smartphone and MZD/infotainment screen with no issues.

I'm anal about keeping my cars clean. I keep a small microfiber wipe in the car and use it on the infotainment screen AND the piano black trim. No scratches and everything is dust-free.

I should point out that my use of the touchscreen is probably not as much as others here as I am quite proficient in using the command knob. Plus the screen is locked whilst driving anyway!

You don't want to use anything harsh or abraisive on it. If there's an anti-glare or anti-uv coating on it the harsh cleaners can take that off on you.

As mentioned a glasses cleaning cloth, a damp soft cloth (mostly dry / barely damp) or electronics safe screen cleaner is what I use.

Though as mentioned the more you use the system the less you touch the screen. At this point mine mainly gets dusted off, and if a few prints get on it they're wiped away with the glasses cleaning cloth. I think I only had to resort to screen cleaner once.

Just use a handkerchief and wipe any excess fingerprints off it.

I use it on my smartphone and MZD/infotainment screen with no issues.

Your smartphone likely has gorilla glass for the screen. Automotive touch screens are not glass but a softer material - much like the LCD panel of a laptop PC. Any screen cleaner should work.

I've noticed, tho... that the Mazda touchscreen us more susceptible to fingerprints than the wife's Camry Hybrid. And I detest the piano black trim around the console.

I use this with no problems for years on previous and current vehicles.....

https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned)

Your smartphone likely has gorilla glass for the screen. Automotive touch screens are not glass but a softer material - much like the LCD panel of a laptop PC. Any screen cleaner should work.

I've noticed, tho... that the Mazda touchscreen us more susceptible to fingerprints than the wife's Camry Hybrid. And I detest the piano black trim around the console.
Fair points but handkerchief still works [emoji3]

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Use whatever you would use to clean your laptop screen or TV. Me, I just use a microfiber cloth and maybe a damp paper towel if I need to. If it's really filthy then I put a single drop of dish soap then dilute the heck out of it and use that, then dry with a microfiber towel. I keep a little towel in my center console to wipe things down every few days.

Back