Firmware updates

:
Mazda6 GT, MX5 PRHT
Took my 2016 GT in for an oil change today and also asked for the latest firmware update which they did . How can I tell the version of the update? I just want to keep track of where I am so when I hear of another update I know when to get it loaded.

Go to your MZD Connect system...

Go to Home Screen.
Settings,
System,
scroll down to About
Version Info

Thanks. The OS version is 59.00.502 NA N. I assume that is the latest version since it was just installed.

Thanks. The OS version is 59.00.502 NA N. I assume that is the latest version since it was just installed.
No problem. Check online to see details of the latest version

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I looked on the Mazda website and they claim the nav system uses HERE maps. I have the HERE app on my phone. The phone app will find my home address (relatively new subdivision) but the Mazda6 nav still won't find my home address even though the firmware was updated. I love my 6 but the nav system sucks big time. That's my only complaint about the car.

I looked on the Mazda website and they claim the nav system uses HERE maps. I have the HERE app on my phone. The phone app will find my home address (relatively new subdivision) but the Mazda6 nav still won't find my home address even though the firmware was updated. I love my 6 but the nav system sucks big time. That's my only complaint about the car.

Navigation map updates are separate to MZD firmware and its updates.

See below link:

Mazda Connect including navigation

Ahhh. Did not know that. I'll try the map updates and see if there is a difference. Thanks.

Well that was mildly annoying to update. It would just clock and not update this afternoon. I called Mazda and they claimed high server traffic. They also recommended to uninstall the Mazda Toolbox and re-install it. So, this evening I uninstalled and reinstalled the Toolbox. I was then able to update the SD card. Took about 30 minutes. Total time consumed over the day was about 2 or 3 hrs including time on the phone with Mazda and a futile attempt to try their chat help.

FYI - Free map updates are only free while under warranty.

Ahhh. Did not know that. I'll try the map updates and see if there is a difference. Thanks.

No problem!

Well that was mildly annoying to update. It would just clock and not update this afternoon. I called Mazda and they claimed high server traffic. They also recommended to uninstall the Mazda Toolbox and re-install it. So, this evening I uninstalled and reinstalled the Toolbox. I was then able to update the SD card. Took about 30 minutes. Total time consumed over the day was about 2 or 3 hrs including time on the phone with Mazda and a futile attempt to try their chat help.

FYI - Free map updates are only free while under warranty.

At least you got there in the end.

Over here, it's the same but you can purchase it afterwards:

Capture.jpg

Why would you use NAVI that doesn't have real time traffic? Maybe its just me but I don't see a point. Wish I had Android Auto to mirror Google Maps

Why would you use NAVI that doesn't have real time traffic? Maybe its just me but I don't see a point. Wish I had Android Auto to mirror Google Maps

I agree, but it's what came with the car and it's better than having no system. For trips out of state I bring my Garmin that I usually keep in my MX5. Further, traffic where I live isn't all that bad. Now if I go anywhere near Atlanta or a trip down I-95 I bring the Garmin.

I took my wife's CX-5 in for two recall issues. While at the dealership they installed the latest Nav screensoftware, which is fine. But they charged me $60 for that service.
Do dealers typically charge to update Nav screen software to the newest version ?

I took my wife's CX-5 in for two recall issues. While at the dealership they installed the latest Nav screensoftware, which is fine. But they charged me $60 for that service.
Do dealers typically charge to update Nav screen software to the newest version ?

They shouldn't be doing the work without asking.

My question is whether or not dealers typically charge to install a software patch, updated software etc... for a Nav screen?

Dealers don't do navigation (maps) updates. That is for the owner to do. If you persuade them, then they might but for a fee

They only do firmware updates for MZD connect during scheduled servicing.

This is what happens here in Australia.

Dealers don't do navigation (maps) updates. That is for the owner to do. If you persuade them, then they might but for a fee

They only do firmware updates for MZD connect during scheduled servicing.

This is what happens here in Australia.

My screen does not actually have navigation functionality. It's a screen for the radio, settings, rear camera view etc.... In the past 2 years Mazda has released software patches, or firmware updates, or whatever the proper term is , to make the screens function properly.

My screen does not actually have navigation functionality. It's a screen for the radio, settings, rear camera view etc.... In the past 2 years Mazda has released software patches, or firmware updates, or whatever the proper term is , to make the screens function properly.

Yes for MZD connect.

And the dealer normally charges for installing a soiftware-firmware update ?

No. As mentioned above, should be included during next scheduled service at least that's what happens here.

Only thing is you need to tell them to update otherwise they won't do it

Because you live in a smaller city and usually drive against what little traffic there is going to work maybe?

MID version update is free at my several dealers near me.
If the car is still within 3yr/36K, tell them there is a bug.
MY '14 Mazda3 has been through 5 updates.
It was so buggy since it had the early version.....

Back