Finally found my P5 replacement

RABID_MP5

:
2002 Protege5
Well 10 years now for me on a P5 with a quarter million miles and Illinois rust, I've found her replacement. A white 2015 Fiesta ST with 20K miles. I looked at a lot of used stuff and this one won out. Definitely in the spirit of a P5, plus no need to just ponder a turbo mod. Getting her this weekend. We'll have to see how she wears with time. And I'll be keeping the P5 awhile too, lest this newbie fails to measure up.

Yeah it is a bit sad. Like I said, I'll hang onto the P5 awhile. And seven Mazdas may not have been enough. I've not had a Miata yet. I've not had a Ford since my first hand-me-down car. I'm not prejudiced against them and they used to do a lot of partnering with Mazda. I'll admit I drove a Focus ST and was left wanting. The Recaros on it are a real love-hate affair as well. A Honda Fit was a practical answer, but the Fiesta ended that quest. What hurts most is I'm finally familiar with most of the P5 pieces and will leave that. I want a throttle cable from my gas pedal to the butterfly! Time moves on...

I'm sure you will enjoy the Fiesta, I like them better than the Focus ST. It won't make as much power as a speed3 but is a lot more fun to drive. I prefer the protege to the speed3.

Get an Accessport for it! You won't regret it.

Honestly have been looking at some fiesta myself! So feel free to post some pics man!

Back