Non polarized sunglasses

sonoran

:
2017 Mazda CX-5 GT +P
I wear glasses and I have a 2017 GT w HUD, I've found that my existing polarized prescription sunglasses make the HUD nearly invisible. Looking around for some non-polarized clip-ons was frustrating because almost everything is polarized. But I found this site that has a wide range of non-polarized wear-over/clip-on/flip-up and regular sunglasses. They seems to be pretty reasonably priced too.

Just thought I'd share it if anyone is interested: https://sunglassrage.com/

I had the same problem with different parts of the dash on my 2013 using polarized lenses from Costco (all they sell!). Target offers non-polarized prescription sunglasses for a very reasonable price.

I was wearing polarized prescription sunglasses today on my second test drive and I was able to see the HUD just find. Granted my lenses are amber colored, so that probably helps. I could see how the darker lens color would make it all but impossible to see.

I was wearing polarized prescription sunglasses today on my second test drive and I was able to see the HUD just find. Granted my lenses are amber colored, so that probably helps. I could see how the darker lens color would make it all but impossible to see.

I wear normal polarised sunglasses generally but I do have a few non-polarised around the house if needed

Is this an issue on the windscreen projected HUD?

I don't have an issue wearing polarized in my 3 with its flappy screen HUD.

Is this an issue on the windscreen projected HUD?

I don't have an issue wearing polarized in my 3 with its flappy screen HUD.

Could be a difference between having HUD on small plastic screen vs HUD on windscreen whilst wearing polarised sunglasses

Must be, I haven't tried the non-windscreen HUD, but the windscreen HUD has the problem. You can move your head side to side and see the HUD a little better, but it's still very dim with my dark green tint polarized sunglasses.

I had the same problem with different parts of the dash on my 2013 using polarized lenses from Costco (all they sell!). Target offers non-polarized prescription sunglasses for a very reasonable price.

I was figuring I'd just get clip-ons for my prescription glasses.

That's probably part of the problem. Probably also why most "Driver's" and "Pilot's" sunglasses are amber or copper colored, to make it easier to read instruments.

I wear amber-colored polarized glasses as well, and although the HUD is much more faint than without I can still see it with no problem.

Hmm... my polarised lenses appear to have blue lenses. Wonder how they will go with HUD (uhm)

Here are one set of my Impact X2's in action, and why I like RP so much. They are rated for shooting use, and that's what I use them for, as well as *everything else*.

Including driving :D

I like HDR lenses from them for driving. I use brown-tinted lenses for driving because driving is an activity that sometimes takes me 10+ hours, and they reduce fatigue. I have the Impact X2 Laser brown HDR lenses from them, and yes, you really can tell a difference. These in the video seem to "bleach" the color a touch. The HDR's enhance everything significantly, not not un-realistically. It's like playing a "hyper realistic" video game sortof, in comparison. EVERYTHING pops...the way it "should".

These are pure "do-alls". I like them because they go almost totally clear at night for training at night, mainly. That, and they get very dark as you can see, as well.

I have/had several pairs of Rudy's and for the most part I like them. The X2 photochromic are problematic in one area. I bought the red because I'm in an area where you go out in sunlight and come home in fog. The problem with the X2 is they basically go clear in those cases when you actually want them red. I rolled back to the earlier version which was available for some of the glasses and it worked great, less range on the photochromic. Also, the brown and red might as well be the same lens, even if they are, slightly, different.

I've never checked to see if they could be driven over by a car, and recover, or deflect bullets.

I'm really not sure on the HUD with any sunglasses. I really like my polarized Agon and I just don't think the HUD would fare well. I'm also not sure how it would work with lens in different colors. It's definitely something to test before you spend the extra $1,800.

Back