2017 CX-5 Phone Mount Options

Air can flow around a phone. 🤣 I do hate vent mounts though. Despise, in fact. I'm seriously considering that expensive thing that someone posted earlier that mounts to the side of the center stack.

The one I posted is CD slot mounted though it still blocks the vent. Pictures of that side of the center stack!!!
Remember those old school gooseneck mount where you can almost mount anything on it?

Last edited:
Dont keep phone infront of AC vent. It will make ur phone cool and your fone will be affected soon. Also it will block proper AC air flow to you.

Attachments

• IMG_20170912_080302.jpg
    IMG_20170912_080302.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 430
  • IMG_20170912_080317.jpg
    IMG_20170912_080317.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 402
I don't understand, why car designers are not designing a spot for our phones?

maybe with more phones going to wireless charging, including the newly announced IPhones, more manufacturers will start including a wireless charging mat somewhere in the car.

maybe with more phones going to wireless charging, including the newly announced IPhones, more manufacturers will start including a wireless charging mat somewhere in the car.

doesn't buick now have that?
I would hope that catches on a bit more.

A while ago, I had made my own wireless charger, for my ex Note 3. I will do the same thing, when I get my Note 8. I will also give it a try, to wireless mirroring with my Kenwood. That would be awesome, if it would work. Wireless charging, wireless screen mirroring, Android Auto to start with Pandora, by touching only one icon (mj)

Here is a pic of my setup i just completed today.
I did not want a vent clip.
The adhesive behind the magnetic swivel mount did not stick to the dash as anticipated.
I made a stainless steel sheet metal bracket with foam double sided tape to glue it to the dash.
Yes I dont mind using that on my dash! Its probably the cleanest look I could come up with!
7b347206760b636dee6008fe3f34e453.jpg

Looks really good. I want to do something similar. How did you make the metal bracket ?

Kuda will have their phone mount for the 2017 cx-5 very soon. It's not listed on their site yet but was told it'll be soon once the first batch arrives from Germany. Not the greatest picture but that's what was provided to me.

37596571792_f346c2bc9b_o.png

Yeesh that Kuda one is bulky. Ruins the "flow" of the dash IMHO.

ProClip has also come out with their solution:

855325-4-53201738-1200_1200.jpg

Apparently clips or hangs from the gap right in front of the screen. Don't really like this one either.

Yea it does seem a bit far but seems okay. I pre ordered it so will see how it'll work out. I saw the pro clip one too but I didn't like it being in front of the screen :/

Yea it does seem a bit far but seems okay. I pre ordered it so will see how it'll work out. I saw the pro clip one too but I didn't like it being in front of the screen :/
The Pro Clip when installed, from the driver's angle (based on my installation), kinda blocks only 1/2" portion in the rightmost portion of the screen.

Yeesh that Kuda one is bulky. Ruins the "flow" of the dash IMHO.

ProClip has also come out with their solution:

855325-4-53201738-1200_1200.jpg

Apparently clips or hangs from the gap right in front of the screen. Don't really like this one either.

And the ProClip model appears to only be for models with the CD player, so no use to those of us in the US.

"NOTICE: Visually inspect your dash for a match to our photos. 2017 models offered two dash styles. This ProClip only fits the models shown in our photos. Only for models with a CD player."

Here is my solution:
IMG_0501.jpg
Maxboost magnet purchased from Amazon for $9. Came in 3 pieces and I only need one.
The gear shift stick will obstruct the view but I am not suppose to and it is not necessary look at or touch the phone anyway.

I'm still using my vent mount, and routing the (warm) airflow to the footwells and/or windshield. It only takes a few minutes more to warm up the car this way so it's my compromise.

Back