2017 CX-5 Phone Mount Options

I hate vent mounts. I don't want heat blowing on my phone. Plus my phone is so heavy it levers the vent downward.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I've used the kuda mount on my mazda3 and used the scosche magnetic mount. Best set up I've used. They currently don't have one for the 2017 cx-5 yet, I'm still waiting for them to make it for our model. I don't like vent mounted ones too.

35838824741_24416fb4df_b.jpg

How is that mounted? Is there one for a 16? I like that.

It's leather. Looking at the site now. $66! Wow.

Yeah it's a bit expensive but it's very well made, it's held by a screw that's hidden behind the glove box compartment. I was trying to reuse it on my cx-5 but it's too hard to cut lol They have them for 2016 models tho.

I think the join/gap in the dashboard to the left of the infotainment screen would be an ideal location for a ProClip-style implementation. Jam the base in there for support and attach a device holder.

2017-Mazda-CX-5-interior-from-passenger-seat.jpg

In theory, you could take the magnets out of one of these vent magnet mounts and install them almost anywhere?

61eaC6VnhzL._SL1500_.jpg

I'm thinking it would be great to somehow get them into the back of the hazard lights button. Then my phone would mount right between the two air vents. Does anyone know how hard it is to remove the hazard switch?

Here is a pic of my setup i just completed today.
I did not want a vent clip.
The adhesive behind the magnetic swivel mount did not stick to the dash as anticipated.
I made a stainless steel sheet metal “bracket” with foam double sided tape to glue it to the dash.
Yes I don’t mind using that on my dash! It’s probably the cleanest look I could come up with!
7b347206760b636dee6008fe3f34e453.jpg

i suggest to use this if u have iphone its 2 in 1 , cover and mount its called MagBak
magbak-easy-on-off.gif

i order one for my ipad mini , my project is to transfer car to something more fun read emails , internet , youtube , and more and for sure safely drive first i will used for long trips.

here is the web site https://1lss.com/pages/iphone

and you can find it in amazon also

1969f73e1bd2e8471bb892b0cd18509e.jpg
762a7e6498fb26274b0508f7ef1a5776.jpg

I know you said you are not interested in vent clips, HOWEVER I thought I would show you my set up. I got a 2pack from amazon for 7 dolla! They are magnetic clips that come with the metal plate. I put two vent clips and stuck the metal plates to my iPad. They work great! The iPad sticks to it with no problem and doesn't shake around with driving. I have posted a whole thread on it. I even bought a USB powered BT receiver so the iPad connects when the car is started up. I don't know if you noticed but their is about a 5 second delay when video plays on iPad/iPod/iPhone with the sound. It doesn't sync with the video. The aux BT recover fixed that.

1969f73e1bd2e8471bb892b0cd18509e.jpg
762a7e6498fb26274b0508f7ef1a5776.jpg

I know you said you are not interested in vent clips, HOWEVER I thought I would show you my set up. I got a 2pack from amazon for 7 dolla! They are magnetic clips that come with the metal plate. I put two vent clips and stuck the metal plates to my iPad. They work great! The iPad sticks to it with no problem and doesn't shake around with driving. I have posted a whole thread on it. I even bought a USB powered BT receiver so the iPad connects when the car is started up. I don't know if you noticed but their is about a 5 second delay when video plays on iPad/iPod/iPhone with the sound. It doesn't sync with the video. The aux BT recover fixed that.

i dont like the way to close air vent , i see various mounts used air vent to hold mobile and tablet , cool but air vent important , btw yeah theres delay with bluetooth

i dont know why other cars doesn't have this issue, and the BT aux fix that

I decided to try this from Square Jellyfish - http://www.squarejellyfish.com/jelly-grip-car-vent-mount.html

I originally went with the Kenu Airframe+ but the recessed vents on the CX-5 made it difficult to attach the phone without removing the Airframe from the vent first, and even then it didn't feel very secure to me. The only complaint I have about the Square Jellyfish is it's difficult to insert and remove the phone without using both hands. A plus is you can still adjust the vents left & right.

The phone is an iPhone 6s Plus with a Spigen Tough Armor case.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

I bought this mount after reading your suggestion and I'm happy with it. My last mount didn't work very well due to the recessed vents. Thanks for the suggestion.

Air can flow around a phone. 🤣 I do hate vent mounts though. Despise, in fact. I'm seriously considering that expensive thing that someone posted earlier that mounts to the side of the center stack.

Back