2017 CX-5 Phone Mount Options

I'm going to third this as the best option out there. It fits nicely on top of the hazard switch and leaves the vents and the switch accessible. It does not obscure the infotainment screen. You can rotate and lock it down or move the metal pad on the back of your phone to suit your arrangement. Comes with extra adhesive pads in case you muck it up.

For $9 it's hard to beat!

Now I just need a better solution for getting USB to the device.
Just run the wire up the back of the dash.

I'm going to third this as the best option out there. It fits nicely on top of the hazard switch and leaves the vents and the switch accessible. It does not obscure the infotainment screen. You can rotate and lock it down or move the metal pad on the back of your phone to suit your arrangement. Comes with extra adhesive pads in case you muck it up.

Have the exact same setup and love it. Went to center vents instead of driver's side in case co-pilot needs to get a hold of the phone. Alternatively, front passenger can use the holder if need be.

Mind me asking why USB? Is it for power? If so, I have a coiled cord connected to the outlet just below as my iPhone battery still waiting on AAPL replacement appointment. If USB for audio, mind me asking why not bluetooth?

Have the exact same setup and love it. Went to center vents instead of driver's side in case co-pilot needs to get a hold of the phone. Alternatively, front passenger can use the holder if need be.

Mind me asking why USB? Is it for power? If so, I have a coiled cord connected to the outlet just below as my iPhone battery still waiting on AAPL replacement appointment. If USB for audio, mind me asking why not bluetooth?

+1
the best solution for me.

I happen to have one of these for when I'm soldering smallish PCBs.

It actually works perfectly to suction to the windshield on the driver side (where I prefer it) and has multiple points of articulation and rotation. My Google Pixel XL fits nicely and I can just screw it down a little to stay in place.

I'll try snap a pic in the car next time I use the setup. The suction base is ultra strong and fairly wide, making for a sturdy mount but also limiting where it can fit at the base.

PanaVise 209 Vacuum Base Pv Jr.
209large.gif

It looks like they also have a solution specifically meant to mount phones:
https://www.panavise.com/index.html?pageID=1&page=full&--eqskudatarq=238

I use the same mounting option and I bought one of these chargers for my iphone. Plenty long enough to reach the phone (plus cool blue light at night);) There are other models for mini usb as well.

Been using this adhesive backed mount from Wizgear. Absolutely love the magnetic attachment vs a clamp style. All of like 6 bucks on Amazon.
1bdf5611bc740ad751089747d928d766.jpg
ca8755deb0faefef53b6270745e3275b.jpg

Been using this adhesive backed mount from Wizgear. Absolutely love the magnetic attachment vs a clamp style. All of like 6 bucks on Amazon.

That's the one I use, too. Works great.

Except for one thing I didn't notice until the summer: it blocks some of the airflow from the vents, which is sometimes a problem in the summer.

Yeah I've noticed that too especially since they're mounted fairly low in the dash. For that reason I used the wider metal plate so I can slide the majority of my phone up past the vents. The small round one doesn't allow as much wiggle room without sacrificing holding power.
That's the one I use, too. Works great.

Except for one thing I didn't notice until the summer: it blocks some of the airflow from the vents, which is sometimes a problem in the summer.

This is by far the nicest and most practical phone holder for the 2017 cx5

Your post would be more useful if it provided a specific link to the seller, or further information on its suitability for use. Searching the taobao web site for this item proved fruitless, even with google translate helping.

Wireless charging mount

Just wanted to contribute my solution to the phone holder conundrum. This was an included accessory to a wireless charging cradle I bought from Amazon. Had to file it down to conform to the shape of the dash. I hope that pics turned out OK.

Attachments

• 20180816_133220.jpg
    20180816_133220.jpg
    614.7 KB · Views: 527
  • 20180816_133208.jpg
    20180816_133208.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 467
Last edited:
Back